“Great Food and Atmosphere”

Carisma Restaurante
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Skippack
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2017

We went to Carisma last evening with four other couples. We enjoyed the guacamole, ceviche, chiles rellenos and choriqueso appetizers. All were very good. There were around ten specials to go along with the entree menu. We enjoyed several of the shrimp and the fish entrees. Everyone enjoyed their meal.

I have read several reviews about the server being rude. Our server was Jose who owns the restaurant with his wife who does the cooking. We really enjoyed Jose. I think people are mistaking his sense of humor for rudeness. He has a dry sense of humor. He answered our questions and was attentive all evening.

We enjoyed our evening very much and will definitely return to Carisma soon.

1  Thank laudb

Reviewed May 26, 2017

Excellent service and food from this husband and wife owner operated business. The service was excellent and the food was custom prepared per our request. We both ordered different seafood specials and the seafood was obviously fresh. We brought own tequila and they provided the Margareta mixer. We will be back!

Reviewed May 15, 2017

My family and I visited this restaurant for lunch on a sunny spring day based on their outdoor dining patio and the building's appealing first impression. This was the last positive experience at this location.

We should have known to walk away while waiting for a table and listening to the waiter rudely address other diners seated nearby. After being seated the waiter lived up to our observations and continued to be short, condescending, and overall annoyed that he had customers. He proudly answered our questions with an insulting tone and scowl on his face. At this point, I felt the food must be incredibly to get away with this "customer experience". I soon found out the food was worse than the service.

This is not authentic Mexican, which is a shame since this this area is thirsting for this type of food. The choices were majority platters that did not feature Mexican classics. After over an hour wait, we received our meal. There were no redeeming qualities to our order- portions, price, flavor, presentation, or execution.

We will not be back.

2  Thank David B
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

I had an opposite experience than all the other reviews. Our waiter was unfriendly and the service was extremely slow. When he told us the specials for the night, he said rudely "listen because I don't like repeating myself".

The food was fair, not great. Of course at the end when it was time to pay, only then did the waiter smile.

I will say that their restaurant is cute and the outside patio seating is nice. They are a BYOB and their green tomatillo salsa and chips were good.

Next time I want Mexican, i will drive to souderton where I know I will get better food and better service. All around it would be faster anyway.

1  Thank jzyhsy08
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

If you have a passion for authentic Mexican food, this is your place.
The atmosphere is charming and authentic as was Jose, our jovial server.
The food was very good. I started with a tasty,mushroom soup that was full of fresh mushrooms in a spicy broth.
For our entrees, my companion and I had Chimichangas. Mine was a spicy chorizo, and hers a delightful shrimp.
We will be back.

Been to Carisma Restaurante? Share your experiences!