16 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotelUS$219
PricelineUS$219
Hotels.comUS$219
Expedia.comUS$219
eDreamsUS$219
CheapTicketsUS$219
1,501 results
All reviews dining room golf course ice skating hiking trails old world charm skeet shooting zip lining ping pong the cottages family vacation beautiful property meal plan room rate outdoor activities dress code step back in time long weekend
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2020 via mobile

We stayed at the Inn and from the moment we rolled up and were greeted by Chris, our stay was fantastic!
My wife and I had a different idea of what we were going to do for our 1 year anniversary, but with Covid in place we wanted to stay a bit closer to home.
We saw some reviews, and heard a few good things from some acquaintances and figured a few days at the "Dirty Dancing" resort may be perfect.

The grounds are beautiful and meticulously kept, even in November. The hiking trails are seemingly endless, and the on site activities are plentiful. We did the intro to skeet shooting, and the instructor Herb was FANTASTIC! He gave my wife the patient instruction she needed and was successful in blowing up some clay!

The restaurants are a bit pricey but we didn't have a bad meal our entire stay. The Lakeview was delicious although portions were a little lite. The Windsor dinner was absolutely delicious, and at the tavern, I had an excellent burger that was preceeded by a huge hot Bavarian pretzel that we couldn't finish. We got the breakfast buffet every morning at the Windsor which had a great selection.

All in all, the absolute best part of our stay was definitely the people. The staff were the friendliest, nicest, kindest group of people. Chris, who greeted us, helped us with our bags, and got us reservations to all the dining, was super friendly. He's been there for I believe 20+ years and it's no surprise to find out why. The wait staff at all the restaurants were attentive and friendly as well. The biggest joy to our stay was our cleaning lady Bliss. She found out it was our anniversary and surprised us with a huge bouquet of roses, and a bottle of wine...way above and beyond.

If you are looking for a relaxing, beautiful, Covid safe getaway, the Skyview Lodge is perfect.

4  Thank D7609MCmikek
Jeffrey Rudder, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2021

Wow....what a fantastic review! We are very appreciative of your kind words regarding our Team. They certainly do make the experience. We're looking forward to your return and keep spreading the word about Skytop!

All the best,
Jeff

Reviewed November 12, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I went to the lodge for a four-night COVID safe mini-break. We were initially put into a room that was very small and dated, but when we complained the staff gave us a tour of other rooms and put us up in a better room at no cost. Every staff member that I interacted with was amazing, and I kind of want to be friends with them in real life. On the down side, the food left something to be desired, perhaps because we are vegetarians we didn’t experience their good options, but apart from the first night the food was consistently terrible and extremely over priced for what it was. We left early just because we were hungry and had been for three days—but management refunded us for the last day of food and the last nights stay. So, again, the staff and customer service makes up for the shortcomings. As a young vegetarian couple looking for excitement, this was not our cup of tea—we were bored. But I could see it being a great fit for families or older folks looking to chill on rocking chairs. Also, the pool is fantastic.

3  Thank C4504WLelizabeths

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and your kind words regarding our Team - that goes a long way! I apologize for our missteps during your stay and hope you can return. Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

All the best,
Jeff

Reviewed November 6, 2020 via mobile

What a beautiful two nights we had at skytop I wish we booked 3 or 4. Such perfection! I recommend the streamside cottage l3 or l4. Loud gushing sounds of the river with beautiful sunrises of the golf courses.

Recommendations

Dinner at the pourhouse
Dinner at the taproom
Driving range
Observation tower
Bring a yoga mat and get some sunrise yoga in (we used the peloton app)
Fly Fishing on the ladder falls hike
Bird watching in the observatory
Check out the gingerbread house
Night time cornhole
Utv riding at Pocono adventures

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank turnupthevapor
Reviewed November 6, 2020 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Inn at Skytop Lodge. The location, room and atmosphere is great. Unfortunately the food is a bit of a let down for the price. The servers are great and attentive but the food leaves you wanting. I ordered a simple cheese burger for dinner last night and was brought the wrong one twice. First, I was given a turkey burger and then a burger with items in it that I did not ask for. I was hungry so I just ate it. Desert was also a let down. My wife’s desert was under cooked and my desert was cold and burnt at the same time. Today, ordered two macchiatos after lunch and when I got to my room, it tasted like watered down coffee unlike the one I received this morning which was delicious. The inconsistency is quite a let down. Hope this can be fixed because the location is just spectacular. Hope dinner won’t be a let down.

Reviewed October 30, 2020 via mobile

We stayed in The Inn Friday thru Sunday. We pulled up around 4 pm Friday and were immediately greeted by Chris ( I think that was his name). He assisted with our bags and checked us in. The Inn has only 20 rooms, a golf shop, Lakeview Restaurant, nice seating areas inside and a deck outside with fire strip. The room are refurbished and Chris was kind enough to move out downstairs room to the second floor. Room was small but had a nice gas fireplace and comfortable beds. Bathrooms were nice. I liked having 2 sinks. (His and Hers). Chris and housekeeping were always available for anything needed. Kcups, towels etc. We ate at Lakeview and food was very good. Service was attentive. I’ve stayed in the Lodge, in the cottages and now at the INN. For couples, the Inn in a winner. It was quiet and remote. Only a 1/4 mile walk to the Lodge. We ate at the Lodge for breakfast and dinner. We hiked on our own and also ventured to a winery in East Stroudsburg... 30 min drive. Perfect weekend with Covid social distancing and safety measures in place. Masks must be worn in all indoor places. Except when eating. The only thing I missed this time was the canoeing or kayaks. These activities were not open for now.

Date of stay: October 2020