“Beautifull hotel and grounds”

Skytop Lodge's Adventures
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Skytop
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Hotels is one of the finest in the area. Restaurants are expensive and gentlemen had to wear jackets in the main dining room. Now my negative points - they own a lot of acreage and I live in the area and they opened a rifle range and I I hear all day long echoes of guns going off. I am not against guns but like my piece and quiet that the Poconos offers.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We were attempting to use the Adventure Center - Rock Climbing for our 5 year old. We made reservations with the Center, confirmed twice that 5 year olds are able to Rock Climb. The website advertises it is accessible for everyone. When we got to the center to check in the desk representative said you have to be 10y and older. And snickered that 5 year olds to 95 year olds can do this. Needless to say, we left with a crying 5 year old and overall disappointment. When we tried to talk to the manager (Deanna), she left an interrupted voicemail back (that 5 year olds can rock climb), then, never returned the two other voice mails I left her. If visiting the lodge, stick with the walk around the lake or playing in park outback, rather than hopes of being able to take advantage of the Adventure Center.

2  Thank jdgaughen
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We went on the full adventure course and our guide, Josh, was friendly and funny! It was a challenging experience but so much fun.

Note: first timers may want to do the half course!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

My girlfriend had never gone ziplining before. We choose Skytop. The courses are usually packaged with a full adventure tour, but we were only interested in the zipline. If you only choose this, they run only at 10:00 am.

Our guide was Joanna, an athletic girl from Poland, who was very thorough in explaining how to zipline and the proper safety measures to take.

There are 7 lines, the last one 100' long. The height is only about 20-35 feet above the ground - perfect for beginners who are apprehensive about heights.

When you call for reservations, make sure you get the exact location. Don't go to the lodge! Wear hiking boots or closed toes. It was a nice, cool day so no bugs - but bring bug spray. Ladies with long hair - bring a hair tie.

The guides during the summer are foreigners but that's okay! They speak English very well! Arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of your appointment to fill out waivers, pay, etc.

It can't hurt to ask what the size of the group is. You'll have more fun with a smaller group like we did!

Zip away!!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This was our 5th and last visit to this zipline course using a Groupon. We went on a Monday afternoon when it was raining and were the only 2 people on the tour. Our guide did what she needed to, but was not happy to be out in the rain. During the 4th section of the course I slipped and bruised my lower leg but finished the coarse up to the 6th or diamond section. I than limped to the Adventure center while my daughter did the 6th section. The guide started to follow my daughter on the Diamond section but after I left she went to the ground level and just watched her. By now I had a goose egg bruise on my leg and a 3/4" cut. I asked for a band-aid and ICE from the staff. While trying to be helpful they were only able to find a Band-Aid for like a childs finger and NO ice. Now I was not expecting a EMT but really find it hard to think I was the 1st person to need some 1st aid.

1  Thank FamilyTime23