“Great Birthday for my son”

Skytop Lodge's Adventures
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Skytop
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I purchased a groupon for my husband and I to take our son and 5 of his friends (ages 11-14) on the adventure course for his birthday. There were 4 courses and an extra challenging black diamond course which all but 2 of our party completed. There were all different types of elements included as well as the ziplines. It took us about 4 1/2 hours to complete all 5 courses.

Our guide's name was Katie, and she was extremely helpful and patient. She helped the kids along and was very encouraging. Thank you for putting up with all of us!

I would recommend this for those that are active. You don't have to be in excellent shape to do this, but you need to be an active person. You do, however, need to be in better shape to complete the diamond course. The boys were tired at the end, but almost all completed.

I would also recommend wearing sneakers or hiking boots, bringing a bottle of water, a bringing a small backpack to put your phone and keys in (you can also use a basket they give you at the beginning to store your items, but then you won't be able to take pictures). You will also want to leave your sunglasses, jewelry, and fitbits (I lost mine) in the car. You will not be able to go the bathroom, but none of us had to so it wasn't a problem.

My son already asked if we can do it again next year, so I think it was a hit!

All reviews
"bring gloves"
"different types"
"sized group"

Reviewed October 4, 2017

We went for the ziplining adventure course and had a blast! The only course that I found challenging was the last one, but it was so fun and our guide was knowledgeable and fun. He was on exchange from the UK and you could tell he was enjoying himself while taking care of our decently sized group.

On the last course there were some issues as someone who clearly wasn't prepared for the obstacle (the hanging rope net) had EVERYONE stuck in it for entirely too long, but that was their fault not the guides. I'd suggest if you have skill with obstacles and climbing that you do that one first. We ended up leaving before everyone finished (as this course ends you back where you're picked up by the truck to enter the grounds) but had SO MUCH FUN.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Hotels is one of the finest in the area. Restaurants are expensive and gentlemen had to wear jackets in the main dining room. Now my negative points - they own a lot of acreage and I live in the area and they opened a rifle range and I I hear all day long echoes of guns going off. I am not against guns but like my piece and quiet that the Poconos offers.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We were attempting to use the Adventure Center - Rock Climbing for our 5 year old. We made reservations with the Center, confirmed twice that 5 year olds are able to Rock Climb. The website advertises it is accessible for everyone. When we got to the center to check in the desk representative said you have to be 10y and older. And snickered that 5 year olds to 95 year olds can do this. Needless to say, we left with a crying 5 year old and overall disappointment. When we tried to talk to the manager (Deanna), she left an interrupted voicemail back (that 5 year olds can rock climb), then, never returned the two other voice mails I left her. If visiting the lodge, stick with the walk around the lake or playing in park outback, rather than hopes of being able to take advantage of the Adventure Center.

2  Thank jdgaughen