“Please, just pay more money and stay somewhere else!”
Review of Evening Star Motel

Evening Star Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Slippery Rock
Evening Star Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Slippery Rock
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Since the whole point of this trip was to shop we wanted to save money on accommodation which was a big mistake on my part. I travelled with my husband and my mother. I saw the other two reviews and I figured that the price is right and this place couldn't be that bad. There was one room in between our room and my mom's room which was occupied. Here are the problems:
1) The mattress was so soft all off our bodies ached in the morning.
2) The room was sooo hot so we turned on the air conditioner; the air conditioner was so ridiculously loud that there is no way you could get any sleep with it on.
3) The sheets kept coming away from the mattress which revealed major yellow pee stains everywhere.
4) The walls were so thin that we could here the next rooms TV blaring, we ended up choosing the noise of the air conditioner over the noise of the TV.
5) Our next door neighbour’s door periodically kept opening and closing up until 5 am all while the TV was still blaring. This lead us to believe that there was a prostitute staying in the next room as there were also cars coming and going all the way up until 5 am. This notion was confirmed by my mother who was staying on the other side of this room and she heard various sex related noises all night.

In the end, we got our money back for the night after complaining and immediately left in the morning and stayed somewhere else for the remainder of our trip.
The worst part about this is that I booked this place and put my mother in jeopardy by staying in this awful place. Please, please go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TorontoVera
There are newer reviews for Evening Star Motel

Reviewed 25 September 2009

We stayed at the Evening Star in summer of 2008. Found the motel quite comfortable,and check in clerk very pleasant. Now it is Autumn of 2009 and we are leaving on another trip to visit family in Buffalo,NY and our plan is to stay at the Evening Star again!! My question to a bitter Mr 3am. what do you expect,at that hour? Why are you traveling at 3am? Don't listen to him people, It's a great place to stay,with reasonable rates,and very clean rooms,and everything works.Unlike places that are over priced,not clean,and things don't work,I'm talkin,Holiday Inn,Hilton.you name it.!!!!!! In the area? Stay at the Evening Star!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brothers2
Reviewed 8 March 2009

I checked in this motel at 3 AM. The staff was asleep and had to wake up and check me in, which was the only good thing. After I went into the room, it was so cold and the heater wasn't on. I had to turn it on and by the time it got warm, I was already checking out! I got sick this trip because of this heating issue! Do not stay here!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
12.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall
12.1 km away
Towneplace Suites Grove City Mercer/Outlets

Been to Evening Star Motel? Share your experiences!