Since the whole point of this trip was to shop we wanted to save money on accommodation which was a big mistake on my part. I travelled with my husband and my mother. I saw the other two reviews and I figured that the price is right and this place couldn't be that bad. There was one room in between our room and my mom's room which was occupied. Here are the problems:
1) The mattress was so soft all off our bodies ached in the morning.
2) The room was sooo hot so we turned on the air conditioner; the air conditioner was so ridiculously loud that there is no way you could get any sleep with it on.
3) The sheets kept coming away from the mattress which revealed major yellow pee stains everywhere.
4) The walls were so thin that we could here the next rooms TV blaring, we ended up choosing the noise of the air conditioner over the noise of the TV.
5) Our next door neighbour’s door periodically kept opening and closing up until 5 am all while the TV was still blaring. This lead us to believe that there was a prostitute staying in the next room as there were also cars coming and going all the way up until 5 am. This notion was confirmed by my mother who was staying on the other side of this room and she heard various sex related noises all night.
In the end, we got our money back for the night after complaining and immediately left in the morning and stayed somewhere else for the remainder of our trip.
The worst part about this is that I booked this place and put my mother in jeopardy by staying in this awful place. Please, please go somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Evening Star Hotel Slippery Rock