“The only place in Slippery Rock”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Slippery Rock
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Slippery Rock
schuylkill haven
“The only place in Slippery Rock”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed here recently while visiting our oldest child at the university. I was excited when they opened this Marriott because we always stayed in Butler 20 minutes away. I'm a gold member and decided to use a free nights stay certificate I had earned that had an expiration date.The second night we used points. I reserved this room 3 weeks in advance. 2 Queen low floor. When we arrived my reservation was for 1 queen the first night and 2 queens the second. Couldn't change it the hotel was booked no other rooms. So we ordered my son a cot and it was delivered. The room was on the 1st floor but it was a handicapped room. It was very small just enough room for the cot. There was no bathroom counter or vanity area . Had to use the chair from the shower for curling iron and makeup. They did have a closet to store these things. Room had a fridge and microwave. The coffee maker was a joke. 1tblsp. serving tray. The bed was comfy and clean. I didn't feel rewarded for being a loyal customer. I felt more embaressed not rewarded. I really haven't had any perks for being a gold member with over 50 nights stays. I'm not sure I will continue to be with this program.
The entrance is being worked on. It was very windy and dark. The landscaping was nice. The patio area in back is built against a huge pile of dirt and rocks. It should be a very big mess when it rains alot.The pool area was very nice . It had a waterfall and hot tub. My younger kid enjoyed it alot.
Slippery Rock University is a few minutes away.Shopping center is around the corner.We enjoyed the North Country Brewery and The Ginger Hill pub. Both in town on Main street with great food. The wings rocked!! The Grove city Outlets are 10 minutes away. Very busy place. There are several restraunts there too.
I will stay here again because it is the only place in town close to the college. I hope it brings more competition though.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank wakeandbake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Literally 2 weeks old when I was there. The only I had was the entrance is not lit and the driveway is windy and dark as well. It looks like its not done yet. Other than that, its brand new and everything was great. It has modern decor everywhere, very similar to a Springhill Suites but at a better price. The comforter was thin and the pillows and bed on the harder side, but that's a Fairfield for ya. Even when they're brand new, its still not the best quality. The internet was fast, the shower super hot, the breakfast was standard continental. Staff was really friendly. They recommended a local pizza delivery (Caffero's) and it was great. As good as a Fairfield gets.

• Stayed October 2011
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Grove City
12.6 km away
Candlewood Suites Grove City - Outlet Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Slippery Rock? Share your experiences!