“My Grandmother's Cooking”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Smoketown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: At Good 'N Plenty Restaurant, we are pleased to offer our guests family style dining, menu dining, a takeout program, an award winning bake shop and an extensive gift shop. Bring family, friends and neighbors to enjoy our traditional Lancaster County home cooking. See and taste why we have been chosen as one of AAA's Top Ten BEST "down home dining" restaurants in North America as well as voted "the best" local PA Dutch restaurant. We look forward to serving you!!
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Look, let me start by saying that if you are looking for fancy-schmancy food, then this is not the place for you. If you're looking for privacy, then this is not the place for you. However, if you ARE looking for authentic, Pennsylvania Dutch fare, served family-style by some of the sweetest people around, then this is the place for you. I'm live here in Lancaster County, and I was reared by my Pennsylvania Dutch grandmother, who cooked this very food for me for many years. Every time I dine here, I feel as though I am receiving a warm hug from her. At Good 'N Plenty you will be treated to copious amounts of the good stuff. When you're seated at your table (probably with other people because this is family-style dining) you will be greeted with freshly baked white and whole wheat bread served with the accompaniments of whipped butter, freshly-made apple butter, apple sauce, cottage cheese, chow-chow, chicken salad, and pepper cabbage. Soon after, your server will bring dishes laden with meatloaf & baked ham or hamloaf & roast beef, pressure cooked fried chicken (featured on Food Network), real mashed potatoes, hot gravy, egg noodles swathed in brown butter, corn, peas, green beans, or carrots. And it will just keep coming as long as you can shove it in your face. Leave room for dessert because there will be offerings of freshly baked pies including blueberry, cherry, apple, and their ever-famous wet bottom shoofly pie. Homemade ice creams are offered along with the pies. You will leave this restaurant satisfied and rolling out the door. You will love it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed August 8, 2017

We love eating at God 'N Plenty, food is always good, refill are always available as long as you are hungry. The desserts are numerous and having one of each is up to you. friendly staff will welcome your party and introduce you to the parties already seated. Great place to experience.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

We ate like we were starving! All the food was plentiful and delicious, especially the pie and chicken.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

We ordered off the menu and 4 of us ate for under $25! The fried chicken was delicious as well as the fresh bread and butter. Don't try the chicken noodle soup. It tasted like it was watered down! Our waitress was very kind and friendly so that was a big plus. Will only go there to eat again if I have a taste for the chicken.

1  Thank Aurorah B
Reviewed August 5, 2017

I cannot stand sitting at long tables with strangers and that is what this is. We had read that this is "family style" which meant to me that when there are 2 of you, they bring a bowl of mashed potatoes, a bowl of this and a bowl of that for TWO. To my surprise we walked in and when they asked our names and hometowns, we were taken to a table of SEVERAL people where they announced "This is... and ... from ......"!!!!!! I could've died. The people were nice but I hated it all!!!! Never going back!!