“Come hungry!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Smoketown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: At Good 'N Plenty Restaurant, we are pleased to offer our guests family style dining, menu dining, a takeout program, an award winning bake shop and an extensive gift shop. Bring family, friends and neighbors to enjoy our traditional Lancaster County home cooking. See and taste why we have been chosen as one of AAA's Top Ten BEST "down home dining" restaurants in North America as well as voted "the best" local PA Dutch restaurant. We look forward to serving you!!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic food served family style so you will get to meet some nice folks. They give you so much food! And it’s so good, you just can’t stop eating!! We ate such a big lunch that our entire family skipped dinner!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you’re looking for a “family style” experience this would be a good stop. But keep in mind, you can’t be guaranteed your table mates will be chatty or pleasant (ours were a little stand off’ish and grumpy). Food was good, not spectacular, but ok. Staff was pleasant, but not very personable. Now that I’ve “experienced” it I am pretty sure I won’t be doing it again. Would I recommend it.... if you really HAVE to then sure, otherwise, no save your time and money.

3  Thank s s
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had been here many years ago and wanted to repeat the experience! And, in addition to the food, it is an experience since you are seated with 8 to 10 strangers! Passing food and talking about where you are from sets up a friendly stage for a home-style meal! We loved the chicken, fish, real mashed potatoes, gravy, cracker salad (unusual but tasty!), and so on. The desserts were delicious! Some of our table mates were eating there before heading off to a play. So whether you need a dinner before a play or want to make it a destination meal like we did, do stop and enjoy the Good 'N Plenty eating experience!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I am a major foodie so this is a rarity for me, but this past Saturday(and went back Sunday for more) my husband and I stopped in to this awesome establishment for a bite to eat. We should have known by the buses and packed parking lot that this place is special and we were not disappointed! For large groups the food is served family style but for smaller families, etc. they have a separate area where you may dine from their menu (which we did). From the freshly made bread, whipped butter and homemade apple butter, what a great start to an even more amazing meal! This place is known for their fried chicken, and although I normally am disappointed, not the case here! The chicken is awesomely fresh and the pieces are very large and cooked to perfection. I must implore you to add the brown butter noodles(also made locally), the corn nuggets are delicious and sweet enough to not need the syrup they serve on the side, and my husband had the sampler and, it was all so delicious, I haven’t eaten that much food in forever! And I would be totally remiss if I didn’t mention the pork and sauerkraut! Even if you think you don’t like it, you would be so wrong! Everything was so fresh, the staff warm and accommodating and an amazing bakery downstairs, plus a gift shop, you will not leave here empty handed. So do yourself a favor and give this place a try, I guarantee it will be the first place you visit when you return to the Lancaster areaAnd yes! They do take out!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

The name of the restaurant really says it all. It's upretentious, and both the food and staff are warm. We ate smorgasbord style, seated with a mixture of people (some local, some tourists like us) and really enjoyed everything. In fact the lunch was so hearty we didn't feel the need for dinner! The price was also excellent - we were given a coupon from someone who was leaving so we ended up paying around $15 per person - a steal considering the amount and quantity of food!
I especially enjoyed the buttered noodles and the fried chicken. The beets were amazing too. The apple cutter and creamed butter were delicious too. The desserts were fine but by the time they rolled around I had no more appetite!