“Downhill”

The Italian Oven
Ranked #49 of 72 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

The quality at Italian Oven has really gone downhill in the last few years. Upon our last visit, we noticed that the prices have increased on many items. That’s understandable but not worth it for poor quality food. I ordered the penne chicken and vegetables and in the past it came with bread and salad but this time I was told that only the “Italian” entrees come with salad now. My husband ordered a large Stromboli and the portion size was way smaller than usual. It was disappointing and we probably won’t be back for a while.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Stumbled across this place with the family during a trip to Flight 93 Memorial We originally had planned on going to a nearby tavern but after a quick glance inside the tavern we decided to go somewhere else and this was close. The place is a little older but the pizza was awesome and so was the bread loaves! The two younger kids chose kids meals and finished them off so I'm guessing they were good too. The waitress was friendly. We could still have beer and wine and everything was very reasonably priced. One XL pizza, 2 kids meals, 4 beers, and 3 sodas for $50. And my daughter is vegetarian and did fine here - pasta and veggies.

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

We have been coming to this Italian Oven for years. Food has always been just okay but there are not many options in this area. The service gets worse every time we eat here. There were 6 tables seated in the entire restaurant today and at least three servers. Our waitress was not very attentive considering she only had a few tables. I had soup and salad. The wedding soup tasted good but was cold. I waited more than 12 minutes to ask for an additional dressing for my salad and had to go ask another server for it. My boyfriend’s chicken was not cooked thoroughly. We won’t be returning again.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

We ordered take out pizza. It was good. It took a long time to get my pizza, but they were slammed. They had a nice looking bar. I should have ordered Calamari, it looked good.

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

Food was cold and tasteless. Ordered the Italian sirloin steak. Nothing more than a cheap cut of beef. Waitress was friendly and offered to have steak replaced but three of us had ordered it and all three had the same experience so far chance they would get it right.
Order was slow coming out and they were not busy.