“Scenic Getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Fly Fishing in Spruce Creek Lower Private Porch with Hot Tub Spa
Private Living Room
Living Room with Private Entrance
Queen Bedroom
Queen Bedroom
Separate toilet and shower area
2 sinks
Entrance and Private Porch
Hot Tub Spa on Private Porch
Overlook Deck
Bridge to Island on Spruce Creek
Bridge
Parking area with steps to Private Entrance
Fire Pit Picnic Area
Eagle photo taken from house
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Anthony C
“Scenic Getaway”
Reviewed May 21, 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

A beautiful view of Spruce Creek. There's a great spot to kick back on the deck overlooking the stream that's perfect for sipping coffee or checking emails!
We will visit again!

Lori C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfect birthday getaway”
Reviewed August 8, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We were looking for a weekend getaway, close to a bike trail and away from it all. We found it! Central PA is just stunning this time of year and the location of Spruce Creek Overlook gave us the opportunity to soak it all in. We loved relaxing in the backyard, along the creek, sitting by a cozy campfire, and chilling in the hot tub after a long day on the bike trail.
Linda was very accommodating, but left us alone once she got us settled in. The amenities were great in every aspect. We will certainly tell our friends and family about this gem!

Management Response
9 Aug 2017
Thank you for your review, I'm glad you had a great time hope to see you again sometime.
Linda
Hojawile
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The Overlook was exactly the right place for me--beautiful, comfortable, peaceful.”
Reviewed August 23, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Widowed unexpectedly nearly two years ago, I decided the time had come to face another fear, that of traveling alone to unfamiliar territory. I also desperately needed rest from responsibilities, reminders, even relationships. I am so blessed to be surrounded by loving people, but I needed time away from conversations, heartaches, electronics, suburban living. I needed time and place just to "be." I wanted mountains, and what sundrenched vistas I enjoyed! I was outdoors as much as possible, even during a much-needed torrential downpour, but the college dorm-sized refrigerator and microwave enabled me to prepare my own meals. A coffee maker and I think a toaster were provided, though I used neither. Breakfast cereals, dishes, and paper products were available too. A shower is listed, but includes a tub. The hot tub was also wonderful for relieving stress and sore muscles. The bed was quite comfortable, for which I was very thankful. I did hear the host's family upstairs, but was not inside much of the time. I checked the weather twice on the little TV and did not use the large living room TV despite the inviting furniture. My favorite program was airing outdoors. I spied three deer frolicking in a field when I ventured down the path across the creek. A bald eagle even glided along unbelievably close, though unfortunately he did so in a rare moment when I did not have my camera outside. I knew I would not want to leave when my time ended. Even a much-needed torrential downpour was beautiful. A symphony of various song birds, insects, and of course, Spruce Creek flowing through was music to my ears. The night skies were crammed full of stars difficult to see back home in suburbia. I cannot describe it all. Go see it for yourself. Allow three or four days to de-tox from phones, TVs, computers, video games, even music. Let Spruce Creek sing to you! Though indoors was cozy, spacious, immaculate, the best rest and entertainment were outside. You can watch TV anywhere. Unplug yourself from it and enjoy the live action around Spruce Creek. The private back patio of the Overlook was "the best seat in the house!" I had no phone reception around the Overlook, despite my provider's claims, but I went there to escape a barrage of phone calls, so that was perfect for me. My hosts gave me the space/privacy I needed, yet welcomed and assisted me during my stay too. The price was very reasonable. Buster barked the "house rules" to me, and Cassie the beautiful black cat made sure I didn't spend too much time buried in journaling as she laid on my notebook on my lap. We enjoyed sunshine and rain together. My apologies to my four-legged hosts if I have remembered their names incorrectly. My human hosts, Linda and Mike, I cannot thank you enough for sharing such a restful, beautiful place, a slice of paradise!

I returned home refreshed, attended my annual writers conference, and just submitted an article for a magazine's theme of the month which was loneliness. My time at Overlook was great remedy for loneliness, as nature filled and soothed all my senses and inspired the article I wrote. Might just be my first published work!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Solitude and scenery
Liked least: Leaving!
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
24 Aug 2016
Thank you for the review, we appreciate your comments and glad you got the experience you needed.
Linda and Mike
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing