All reviews hi express olive garden front desk outback steakhouse williamsburg square within walking distance room was clean off the highway plenty of parking the breakfast area free breakfast nittany lion up to date king room would stay here again yogurt short drive
Reviewed August 20, 2018

The location is quite convinent just off I-99 but enough away to not noticing the traffic on the highway even with the windows jarred open. It is also a walking distnace to several good resturants and only short drive to many main chain outlets. The room was quite with no noise heard from other rooms packed with guests because of a PSU event though we stayed on the top floor away from elevators. I'd have rated the hotel igher but the B-fast was terrible with lots of food items with perservatives. The 2nd day we headed out for a different place to have B-fast even though it was free. Also the fire alarm went off two days in a row around 5:00 a.m. while we stayed there which was a weekend. There is no pool/hot tub and the fitness room is quite small. otherwise our short stay was pleasent.

Room Tip: stay on 3rd or 4th fllor
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xpen2000
Ben J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear xpen2000,

Thank you for providing feedback from your stay. I am happy to hear that you found our location to be convenient and that you found the room to be quiet. I do apologize that you did not enjoy our breakfast and that we did not offer food to your liking. Unfortunately we do not have a pool or hot tub. I hope you will give us another chance in the future and we appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

The location is very good with restaurants and shopping close by. Front Desk staff was not inviting. I decided to give this location a try because I recently stayed at another location (approximately 20 mins away) that surpassed my expectations. There was a dirty towel left in my room, shower door was inoperable, and bathroom floor not clean. A free hot breakfast was served, however I was reluctant to eat because of the cleanliness of my bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear joanay1199,

I apologize about the issues you had while staying with us. It is unacceptable that the Front Desk staff was not welcoming and that a dirty towel was left in your room and the floor was dirty. I will be speaking to the Front Office Manager and the Executive Housekeeper about the issues you had. I once again am very sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay and hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel for an arts festival weekend. We found the hotel to be neat, clean, and quiet. The mattress on the sofa bed was of fair quality only but my daughter thought it was nice having her own space in the king suite. Breakfast was included and had all the basics-cereal, eggs, bagels, muffins, yogurt and one minute pancakes! They were good. The staff could not keep up with demand, however, and ran out of eggs and cheese omelettes both days. The front desk staff and housekeeping people were very courteous and friendly. In terms of proximity to the Penn State University campus, the hotel is a short ride(less than 10 mins) to it. It is not within walking distance to the college itself. We were generally pleased and would consider it again when in the area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear nancypg9188MC,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in State College. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable Arts Festival Weekend and that you found the hotel to be clean and quiet. I do apologize about the issues during breakfast, I will talk to the staff directly and make sure they are continuously stocking the food. We truly appreciate the kind feedback and hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Positivies are 1) good location with some nice restaurants in walking distance, 2) friendly staff, and 3) a hearty "free" breakfast. A handful of negatives, though minor in nature, led to the overall 3.0 rating here: no mini-fridge in the room, no shower curtain, clogged bathroom sink (big pet peeve), noisy A/C, and only 3 bath towels in a room for four. I called the front desk for a couple more towels, and was told to come downstairs and get them myself! Poor customer service by any measure.
A decent hotel overall, but not quite polished.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear mckzach,

Thank you for deciding to stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found our location to be convenient and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. I do apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. Unfortunately we only have fridge and microwaves on the 1st and 4th floor but they are available upon request. I will be bringing the issues you mentioned up to the Chief Engineer and the Executive Housekeeper regarding the clogged bathroom sink and noisy AC unit. It is unacceptable that our Front Desk did not deliver towels directly to your room. Once again we appreciate the feedback and the issues you had will be handled. Thank you!

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Syracuse New York and on the way back. Very nice. Spacious comfortable cool rooms, comfortable beds, free wifi and breakfast. The staff was very accommodating and courteous. The breakfast was very good and hot. I highly recommend staying there.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Dear Pam D,

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us with feedback on your visit.

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in State College, PA.

We sincerely hope to have you stay with us again in the near future!

Kind regards,