“Another Family Favorite”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #39 of 293 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

This is no different than any other Cracker Barrel as they do everything right and this is a good thing. I've reviewed alot of chain restaurants and the nice thing is their consistency in product. You get what you expect

Cracker Barrel is Always friendly, clean and prompt with Home Style Cooking ! Traveling on the road alot it’s nice to have something close to Home Style cooking.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

This is no different than any other Cracker Barrel as they do everything right. Always friendly, clean and prompt with Home Style Cooking ! Traveling on the road all the time in our RV it’s nice to have something close to Home Style cooking...I know your Grandma does better but she hasn’t invited us over...yet. Another bonus is we can park overnight in their parking lot in our RV.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018

My trip to Cracker Barrel did not disappoint. This restaurant provided quality service and tasty food.

FOOD: 5/5
My meal arrived quickly and was served hot and fresh. All sides, biscuits and the main course where served as ordered. I enjoyed a homemade, country-style meal and left full. The seasonal fresh fruit was sweet and tasty.

SERVICE: 5/5
I was greeted promptly as I entered the store and welcomed to Cracker Barrel. The hostess was friendly and seated me promptly. The waiter, Joseph, was very attentive to my beverage and checked up on me several times during my visit.

CLEANLINESS: 5/5
The restaurant and store were very clean and presentable.

VIBE: 5/5
The restaurant was very inviting and appealing. It provided a very relaxing atmosphere.

Even though this was my first trip to this Cracker Barrel restaurant, I received the quality service and food I have come to expect from Cracker Barrel.

I highly recommend this Cracker Barrel location who wants a country-style,homemade meal at an affordable price.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We eat at at the local "Cracker Barrel" every once in a while - mostly breakfast or lunch. The food is generally good, the service tends to be excellent, and the opportunity to browse at the country store is always welcome.
This time we stopped for the Campfire Favorites. We ordered the Roasted Sweet Glazed Chicken, the Barbecue Pork Shanks and the Beef and Vegetable Meal baked in tin foil. All of those meals came with corn on the cob which was totally mushy. Nobody at our table ate it, but there were enough other tasty sides - especially the excellent baked beans. However when we were ready to pay we mentioned the fact to our waitress. She immediately offered all kinds of food items to make up for our disappointment, but we were full.
Then the manager appeared, and he was very apologetic and offered more food. In the end we wound up taking extra corn muffins and biscuits home.
The corn on the cob was no big deal for us, but we were really impressed about how seriously the server and the manager took our complaint. That only happened once before at a "Perkins", and that's one of the reasons why we go there often..

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Best fried chicken, other than my mama’s! Crispy, delicious crust and moist, tender breast meat. We came just for the Sunday chicken and the place was full! Side salad was generous portion and fresh. Boiled cabbage and green beans, as always, tasty, salty comfort food. Child’s plate grilled cheese was good, too. Server was attentive—all in all, a good family outing. Parking lot was not full in the back but lazy? folks parked in the fire lane, not spaces, across from the front handicap spots.

Date of visit: July 2018