All reviews golf course made to order breakfast elegant dining room beautiful boutique hotel penn state huge bathroom breakfast was included small hotel each morning place to stay happy valley parents weekend the staff was friendly and helpful football game library toiletries campus
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Carnegie Inn and Spa for an overnight as we traveled to Western Maryland. We could not have picked a better place. The folks there were warm and welcoming, and our room was clean and very nice. We did have dinner at the inn which I would highly recommend, and our breakfast was included the next morning. It is obvious the management and staff care about this place, and we will definitely be back again, next time we travel near the area.
Next time you are in "Happy Valley ", consider the Carnegie Inn for your stay, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Rebecca M, General Manager at Carnegie Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Thank you ge0iii for taking the time to leave a review for future travelers to Happy Valley! On behalf of my entire staff, we are so glad you enjoyed your time here at the Carnegie Inn. We absolutely do care about our property, and our guests, and I am happy to see that is noticed. We look forward to many future visits!

Reviewed July 29, 2018

I stopped here on my way from Michigan to New York City, and my stay turned out to be the highlight of my trip. May sure you arrive in time to dine. The food is amazing! I also took time for a spa treatment, which is a lovely experience. The service was great. I will be back as often as possible.

Room Tip: I get the sense that all of the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Rebecca M, General Manager at Carnegie Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Well we certainly hope you make that trip more often! Our staff loved having you, and we are so glad you were able to enjoy the hotel, spa and restaurant all in one trip. Again, thank you for your wonderful review 'ccromwell' and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2018

I had the opportunity to enjoy the spa receiving a massage. Very clean and inviting. The location of the Inn is in a very serene location of State College PA. Enjoyed a very delicious lunch as well. Hats off to the chef! I highly recommend visiting the Inn. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Rebecca M, General Manager at Carnegie Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

We really appreciate the wonderful review of our Spa and Restaurant 'M C'! Thank you for taking the time. We certainly look forward to many more visits from you!

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed here twice in the last 6 months. Outstanding service,staff , room and food. All I can say is, Stay here !! You won’t regret it. Top shelf place. The rooms are big and clean. Food is out of this world. I will stay here anytime I’m up at State College

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Rebecca M, General Manager at Carnegie Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

We truly appreciate your kind words about our property, amenities and staff. Thank you for taking the time to encourage future travelers to this area to stay here at the Carnegie Inn! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

Enjoyed a quiet birthday party dinner for two. We viewed an available room that was very pleasant and well provisioned. The setting in Toftrees was beautiful and easy to find. Quite a few steps above the higher end motel chains serving the Penn State University town.

Stayed: May 2018
Rebecca M, General Manager at Carnegie Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Happy Birthday (to you or your significant other)! Thank you for choosing the Carnegie Inn to celebrate, and take the time to view the property and its surroundings. We hope to see you back again soon!