All reviews room was clean waffles fresh fruit the breakfast area in town staff was friendly nice stay would stay here again ihop motel refrigerator campus chain college
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

This is not a deluxe hotel. It is very comfortable. Rooms are nice size (4 people) breakfast is good. Staff friendly. It is not in walking distance to campus but a short quick drive. We always stay here

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
SuperEight S, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham State College, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

TravelerFromPhila,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your stay at our property. We are proud to be a budget hotel option for our guests and our staff works very hard to exceed our guests expectations. I am so pleased that you find us a comfortable place to staff with friendly staff. Your biggest compliment is the fact that we have earned your trust and repeat business. Thank you so much for your feedback and patronage.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

When we tried to make our reservation online, the reservation system was "down." That should have been my first warning this was going to be a bad experience. It wasn't until I created a rewards account that I was permitted to make a reservation, and by that time, the room type I wanted was no longer available. Fine. I booked the double room. The next day, I check the hotel website, and the room type I originally wanted was available. So I called customer service before Wyndham's "6:00 PM reservation altering deadline," and requested our reservation be changed from the double room to the king room. My reservation was changed, and the confirmation number remained the same. I checked my app, and everything had been changed. We arrived on site at 8:00 PM, past the "6:00 PM altering deadline," and check in. We go to our room, and it's a double. So I called the front desk, and was informed that a change was never made, and there are no more king bedrooms left. I noticed a king suite was still available, but that was not offered to us. So I called customer service again, in hopes of them being able to find the request in their system, but was informed that I had never called, and a change was never made or requested. Since it was after the "6:00 PM reservation altering deadline," we were simply out of luck. We will not be staying at any Wyndham-related properties in the future.Hotel staff was kind enough, and the rooms were clean enough, but the reservation service was terribly lacking in compassion and service.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

eaq5003,

Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to tell us about your experience. I am sincerely sorry that you encountered so many difficulties in making your reservation online. It is our hope that you might consider staying with us again so that we have the opportunity to better serve you. Please don't hesitate to call the hotel directly to make reservations with our front desk staff at 814.237.8005. Pressing "0" will connect you with our Front Desk and we would be more than happy to make your reservation. Again I deeply apologize about the inconvenience associated with your stay. We appreciate your feedback and patronage.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

our room was nice and clean.... Staff was friendly and helpful.... breakfast could be upgraded a little bit other than make your own waffles mostly cold breakfast like cereal but not bad...will stay again

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ebeward
SuperEight S, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham State College, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Dear ebeward,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at our property. I am so happy that you found our hotel clean and our staff accommodating. I have noted your comments about our free daily breakfast. Your feedback allows us an opportunity to develop a plan to better serve our guests. I am so pleased that we have earned the trust of your repeat business and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in Happy Valley!

Reviewed August 7, 2018

The Super 8 is a budget-friendly hotel for those looking for a night or two stay without spending a lot of time at the hotel.

ROOM: 4/5
The room was cozy and the bed was comfortable. I stayed for two nights and this was some of the best sleep I have had in a while according to my fitness tracker. A desk, TV stand and a couple chairs were located in the room. A small close rack was hung on the wall. There was no Gideon Bible located in the room.

The air cooled the room down to a comfortable feel after being 90+ degrees outside. It did not get too cold.

BATHROOM: 3/5
There was some hair and dirt left in the bathtub upon my arrival. There was also someone else's washcloth hanging on the shower. The stopper on the bathtub was broken and had to be pried open. The sink area was right outside the bathroom and was very clean.

The shower had really good water pressure and plenty of hot water.

BREAKFAST: 4/5
Super 8 offered a simple breakfast with cereal, waffles, pre-packaged muffins, toast, coffee and juice. This is what I expected for the price and I was satisfied with it. The dining area has seating for ___ people. The area contains a television while enjoying breakfast.

FITNESS ROOM: 4/5
The fitness center contained five pieces of exercise equipment, one of which contained a sign stating it was broken. The room had to be at least 80 degrees.

PARKING: 5/5
The parking lot looks small from the front but be sure to wind your way back around the building for ample parking spaces. The parking lot is clean with green spaces including a trees.

This is a pet-friendly hotel and heard dogs back just a couple of times.

The Super 8 offered a nice stay on a budget. A credit card is required in the event of any room damage. It was initially charged $10. I was satisfied with my visit.

Room Tip: choose a floor above ground level to reduce external noise and water running in the room above you
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank DiscountKing
SuperEight S, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham State College, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear DiscountKing,

We truly appreciate your taking the time to offer us and others such a thorough review of your stay at our property.I am so pleased that you were satisfied with your visit. Your feedback is important to us as it allows an opportunity to serve our guests better. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in Happy Valley!

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Breakfast bar attendant was great she kept it open a little later and even found a few extra items even when she was closed. Room was clean and they take dogs so it was perfect for us. Plenty of parking and very close to the stadium.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael Q
SuperEight S, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham State College, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Dear Michael Q,

I am so thankful you took the opportunity to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am so pleased that you found our property clean and convenient and a perfect place for your pups. I'm also glad our staff was able to accommodate you with a little something to start your day off right! I will share your kind comments with our team as we truly value your feedback and patronage.