I had heard great things about the "storied" Nittany Lion Inn, so when I actually stayed there for the first time I was highly disappointed. The placed is definitely in need of a major upgrade or face-lift...the beds are rock hard, the pillows are VERY uncomfortable (reminds me of a $3 pillow I bought at Target once), and the heater was loud and rattled all night. In addition, the windows are so old and thin (single pane) that you can clearly hear every CATA bus that drives by on Atherton Street. I was in bed for 10 hours that night and I probably slept less than 5 because of all the noise.
There's a parking lot in front of the building, but it's very under-sized and it's always full so be ready to drag your luggage a long distance from a far away parking deck to the hotel.
I would NOT recommend this place. I've stayed at the State College Days Inn and would recommend it any day over this place. Even the Imperial 3000 is better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nittany Lion Inn is a Penn State landmark, rich in history and tradition and a proud member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America. Our AAA Four Diamond rated property is located on the campus of The Pennsylvania State University, serving as a travelers’ haven and a popular gathering place for Penn State alumni. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Nittany Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nittany Lion Hotel State College
- Nittany Lion State College