“The Nittany Lion Inn”
Review of Nittany Lion Inn

Nittany Lion Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Inn was very well preserved. The room was imaculate, the stall was excellent, the location was right in the middle of the campus. you can walk to almost location you want. Park your can and enjoy the fresh air and the scenery. You will love the experience.

Room Tip: the Inn is very well perserved.The rooms were very well kept, very beautiful, and the staff was very...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 April 2012

stayed just one night with my friend visiting our kids at school. The front staff were extremely helpful and even granted my son a parking pass so he could park in the parking lot for a few hours. The room was extremely clean and well decored. I thoroughly enjoyed the couches and chairs that aligned the third floor hallway. It was a great place to sit and read a book if you so desired.

The hotel is strategically located so that you could walk the downtown area and see all the sights. We toured the hotel,dining room, pub and conference rooms which were all impressive. The landscape outside the building was well manicured and groomed. It was raining that evening with some hail so we decided to eat in at the pub and I am really glad we did. The pub had typical pub fare but the food was quite good. The place was hopping with quite alot of people from conferences. We ended up having a drink or two at the bar. All in all this was a great place to stay while in the are and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I was very happy on the third floor. I would think it is better to face the back of the building rat...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed for my son's gymnastics meet. It was a very short walk to the gym. My daughters walked to the creamery. Last year we stayed at the Penn Stater. I like them both for different reasons. The Nittany Lion Inn was very pretty, the rooms were nicer and the location is better. The Penn Stater looks more like a dorm that turned into a hotel, but its large, cozy and has better restaurants. The location isn't as good, but they have a pool and an incredible buffet on Saturday nights. The pub is bigger too.
You can't go wrong with either one. The staff is outstanding at both locations and the transportation service is great.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Nittany Lion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

What great feedback! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with both of our properties...we are always happy to hear that you received the superior service you deserve! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed three nights recently as part of the Penn State Executive program. Lodging and food was provided with the tuition for the training class. The Executive training facility is next door to the Nittany Lion Inn. The inn is a first class hotel with outstanding food service. I could see the vehicles passing the windows of the classroom and noted high quality food stuffs being delivered. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: mine was on the first floor and very convenient to the dining area and classroom. I stayed in room...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have stayed at the the Nittany Lion Inn on several occasions, and been pleased each time. The property itself is beautiful and well maintained, particularly in the common areas. I was at the hotel for conferences each time, and many of the conference rooms themselves are stunning, with recessed lighting and lots of wood. The staff, many of whom are Penn State students, are polite and eager to assist. The room I had overlooked the flagstone courtyard in the middle of the property. On an unseasonably warm night, I was the only person out in the courtyard, and it was great -- a quiet spot for contemplation. The food for the dinner I went to was outstanding -- in particular they had some braised short ribs that were top notch. The lobster bisque was also great. The little bar, Whiskers, was pleasant and professionally run. All in all, good stays each time.

Room Tip: I really liked the courtyard view room I had.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
PSHSReservationsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Nittany Lion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

We are so happy when we have wonderful guests like you return "home" when you are in Happy Valley. Thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

The hotel is very noisy, you can hear everyone talking loudly going down the hall all night long. There's always parties in rooms because if you try to rent a party room, you can't bring your own food, you have to buy theirs. People get yelled at if they are too noisy at 5pm. What is this, a retirement home? The shower was cold, the shampoo stinks and there's no conditioner. Wish there was another hotel closer to Beaver Stadium. Not owned by this hotel company.

• Stayed: November 2011

I am so very sorry that you had less than a peaceful night's sleep during your visit with us. We do our best to provide an atmosphere that is pleasant to all of our guests, and do try to limit the noise in our common areas after 10pm to allow all of our guests the best opportunity to get the rest they need. We appreciate every opportunity to provide a superior product and service and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Perfection, except for no automatic doors. I arrived late at night for check in, and it was hard to get in the door with all of my bags alone. Other than that, we were very happy here. Short walking distance to everything important- campus and downtown!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple