“Nice place Winter getaway”

Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in State College
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Nice place Winter getaway”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I recently attended a company function at the Ramada in State College. Even though it wasn't that far from home, we decided to get a room for the night as there were going to be adult beverages involved.
The facilities were great. They have an huge indoor courtyard complete with pool, hot tub, and common area. The common area is perfect for families with children. There are tables so the adults can sit and relax as well a a large area for the kids to play. We saw several throwing around a nerf football.
The rooms were spacious and had very nice amenities. We had a large refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Room Tip: If you have children, be sure to get a room overlooking the indoor pool. If you prefer a quieter st...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Electraglide2005
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Greetings, I appreciate you sharing your comments in regard to your stay with us. It is great to hear that you had such a good time, I anticipate that you enjoyed your company function. You are always welcome here at the Ramada, please do not hesitate to contact me for a future stay.

Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Korean first
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We had a great stay experience with the RAMADA! We got to take our daughter to the indoor pool and it was a blast! Then water temp was perfect and the atmosphere was perfect too. We had a really clean room with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was also very clean and had no problems at all.

We even had 7 inches of SNOW and they were out clearing off the parking lot and helping guests if they needed it.

The breakfast buffet was well woth the money and kids are half price to eat!

Room Tip: If you plan on using the indoor pool ask to be close to it!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kim K
Hello Kim, I thank you kindly for your great review. I am delighted that you were still able to enjoy your stay, even with seven inches of snow. Our maintenance department is always a great help during heavy snow fall, as they work hard to keep the parking lot clear and safe. We look forward to your return stay!

Best Regards,
Shenandoah, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 January 2012

They have a very good free continental breakfast on weekdays that I wish was also available on weekends. I have stayed here a few times. We like the indoor pool but disappointed the hot tub was closed. We had good service and rooms were nice and clean and always notice updates every time we return. Once I told the front desk about a bees nest outside our room and when we returned later it was gone. We will not hesitate to stay here when visiting family in State College.

Room Tip: Nice that you can choose a room with entry door to outside or to inside the building.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Greetings, I certainly appreciate your comments and sharing your review. I am pleased that the staff was attentive and responded in a timely manner. I apologize for the hot tub being closed while you stayed with us, rarely do we have to close it but it does require routine maintenance.

You mentioned you would return, just to let you know we do have the Wyndham Rewards program which you can enroll in at the front desk or on the Wyndham Rewards website. You will be awarded points for every stay which can be later redeemed for future stays.

Welcome to the Ramada Family,
NJ
Reviewed 22 January 2012

good location, clean, indoor pool, modestly priced

Room Tip: If you plan on using the indoor pool, book a room that has Indoor access to the facilities. Manny ro...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Hello Robert, I thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Are you familiar with our Wyndham Rewards program? With the program you are awarded points for every dollar spent, it's something to think about if you plan on returning. Please feel free to give us a call if you are insterested in more information.

Watchung, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed for a three day conference. The staff and service was excellent. The breakfast buffet was very good and the lunch and diner were great. The rooms are clean and are in good condition, but the mattresses need to be replaced. The refrigerator and microwave in the room is a plus. Overall, I was very satisfied with the hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and post your review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary weekday breakfast buffet, as well as other menu items. Ive received excellent guest feedback regarding out restaurant P.J. Harrigans. I myself suggest the Chesepeak Chicken, its wonderful!

We welcome you back anytime,
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I am very sorry it took me so long to send this review, but I have very busy. I had stayed at Ramada Inn State College PA back on November 19th for the Penn State Game. The whole staff was extremely friendly and courteous. The rooms were very neat and clean. Plus the restaurant staff were excellent too. Finally, Ann Kerr and Cierra at the front desk went out of there way to make sure my stay very pleasant. They are both a valuable employees to your property. Plus reward in some fashion.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Greetings, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your review. I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable experience, and even more thrilled to hear how hospitable the staff was. This is evidence of our awesome customer service!

We welcome you back in the future,
NJ, USA
Reviewed 24 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel for under $60, which I thought was a great deal. The rooms are your standard size, but ours included a tall mini-fridge, a clean microwave and a nice flatscreen tv. I thought the bathroom was also nicely updated - the counter was taller than average (which I like) and the tiles looked new. Kids LOVE the pool, for the price I think it's hard to beat!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Good evening, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your review. I am honored that you made us your choice for lodging in State College, as we do offer a great value. It is refreshing to hear that after all the hard work, we are receiving excellent feedback regarding the upgraded guest rooms. We welcome you in the near future to enjoy even more renovations.