“Wonderful tomato bisque soup!”
Review of Fireside Tavern

Fireside Tavern
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Strasburg
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2015

My sister and I were sharing a get away to the Lancaster area. At dinner time we wanted something other than the delicious but sometimes heavy Pennsylvania Dutch fare. We decided to try the Fireside Tavern. The drive there was a little anxiety producing on the very dark, rainy country roads but the warm, welcoming atmosphere made it worth it. I would advise making reservations as it seemed you get to sit in a quieter side of the restaurant. We sat in a lovely large, room that was very crowded and a little noisy but very cheery tavern like. We had read recommendations about the tomato bisque, of all things(!) so, of course we had to order it. I would have been happy if I had ordered a bowl and skipped the dinner menu. The soup is so incredibly creamy, richly flavorful, covered with scrumptious gooey cheese. Mmmm. Wish I could go back now. The prime rib sandwich was good but just paled in comparison to the soup! A lovely warm evening.

Reviewed November 16, 2015

We enjoyed eating at this restaurant while on a weekend getaway.
The food was really good, i had crab cakes which were all crab, no filler and my husband had the beef on top of mashed potatoes with a demi glaze which was excellent. the only reason i didn't give it an additional star was because of the reservation issue. we called and were told there were reservations available at 4 or 8, so we took 8. We arrived early because we were in the neighborhood and were told we would have to wait. So we stood in the lobby and waited, we were then seated shortly, while there seemed to be quite a few tables long before 8. Think they can manage the reservations better. We were actually thinking of leaving before we were seated rather than waiting over an hr. Very happy we didn't but this is still an issue.

1  Thank travel3406
Reviewed November 10, 2015

After scooting over 30 miles of Landcaster farmlands in 50 degree temperatures, the Fireside Tavern was a warm and welcoming retreat. There were several inviting fires as well as plenty of hot coffee and delicious hot soups to immediately warm us up.The food was excellent, abundant portions, and very reasonable priced. Will certainly return on our next visit to Strasburg.

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed November 1, 2015

My over 55 community ran a bus trip to Strasburg and we stopped here for dinner the first night. It is a very nice place - cozy and welcoming on a chilly,rainy evening. There were 18 of us and the server did a wonderful job explaining the various entrees to our crowd of seniors. I had the crab cake which was one of the best I've had anywhere. Everyone else in the group seemed pleased with their meals also. Portions were huge (too large for several of our group, though). I would recommend this place.

Reviewed October 30, 2015

We were directed to this restaurant by a " local" while touring the Strasburg area. It was a great recommendation, especially the tip on the tomatoe bisque soup. We were there for lunch and found a nice variety of options. We had prompt and attentive service. I would certainly consider this restaurant for dinner based on my experience. This venue is only a stone's throw from the Strasburg railroad, if you depart the train and seek a dining option other than what is offered onsite at the station.

1  Thank Nancy L