“Great Rack of Ribs!”

Fireside Tavern
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Strasburg
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2016

The Fireside Tavern is located adjacent to the Clarion Inn with ample parking available. They have a full service bar with baskets of Pennsylvania Dutch pretzels, which served us well while we waited a few minutes for our table. Once seated, the service was quick. Salads starters were served promptly. We then had some surprisingly fine specimens of Maryland style lump crab cakes and a hearty dish of baked brie with lump crab. Our entrees consisted of platters of a whole rack of St. Louis style pork ribs and one in our party also tried the 14oz Boneless Rib Eye/Delmonico steak. The platters of ribs were huge and meaty, really meaty,with copious portions of french fries accompanying the ribs. These weren't anything resembling the small, steamed out baby back ribs many are used to. The ribs were superior to the steak and I wouldn't hesitate going back and repeating that as our entree. There was no room for dessert.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Great food great atmosphere. Great for couples or families. Large portions and reasonably priced. Lived the fire.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

What a great dinner; simple and delicious. We landed in Philadelphia and stayed at the hotel next door on the way to Penn State. The Fireside was packed on a Thursday evening.. We talked with the locals and they suggested the sirloin tips hoagie and crab topped burger (surf & turf?). These two items were simple delicious. Service was great, locals are great to talk with. Recommend this highly.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

This is a very popular restaurant on the east side of Lancaster that isn't a chain. My friend and I did not have a reservation but were shown to a table, near the door and the draft. (Ask for something more inside.) The food and service was fine but the pacing was way too fast. My salad came as I was still enjoying my soup and my entree arrived before I finished my salad. I'll try this place again but turning tables seems to be more important than enjoying the food.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Had dinner at this restaurant on Saturday, 10/15. The ambience is great, with a great menu. The drink selections are good, with a very good beer selection. I started with the cheesesteak spring rolls, and my entree was the filet mignonette. My wife started with the tomato bisque soup, and the crab cake entree. All food was excellent (the tomato bisque is a must). We absolutely loved this place and would definitely return if in the area again.