All reviews white house milk the cows wagon ride the main house the barn eggs baby goats bottle feeding chicken coop lots of fun year old daughter morning chores other guests beef sausage tour guide wonderful hosts hands on activities
Reviewed June 26, 2017

I can't say enough about the overwhelming hospitality, peaceful setting, clean and well kept rooms, delicious breakfast and awesome animals. Where else can your toddler bottle feed a calf, you milk BOTH a cow and a goat, then within an hour... eat the freshly laid eggs discovered in the coop during morning chores?! The farm overlooks the Strasburg RR, where you can watch the trains go by during the day and I've never seen so many fireflies light up a field at night! Within minutes are fantastic places to visit in addition to the Strasburg RR (Choo Choo Barn, A is for Amish buggy rides, the PA RR Museum, etc) and eat (we loved Java Junction, Speckled Hen and Miller's). Thanks to everyone at VVF for making so many treasured memories possible!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jott42107
Reviewed June 26, 2017

We spent a few days at the farm while visiting Strasburg for Day Out With Thomas. Our son absolutely loved the farm and the people are so wonderful. We are so glad we didn't opt for the conventional hotel. In addition, we could see the trains going through the fields. Our son loved watching the trains while sitting on hay bales. What a great place for a 2 year old! We will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: The Little White House was perfect for what we needed. And you can see the trains going right through the fields.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Was in Lancaster for a conference. My husband and 4 year old were coming along and we decided to make it a super brief family vacation. We looked up local farms in the area instead of going for the usual conference hotels. I'm so thrilled we decided to go this route. It was a great change of pace, charming scenery and interactions with folks, and with the farm animals of course. Our 4 yo daughter was thrilled to see everything she has ever read about farms come to life. From the farm chores in the morning, to breakfast with the bed and breakfast guests, to engaging conversations with the wonderful hosts, we really did have great time. We only there one night, but plan to come back for a longer.Also, Scooby the farm dog, is the best! Strongly recommended. Gracias por una buena estadia!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2017

My 7 year old son, 9 year old daughter, SIL, husband, and I took the "farm apprentice tour" yesterday and loved it. Our tour guide was Jason. He was informative, made sure everyone on the tour got to try everything, and was funny. We got to feed a calf, milk a cow, collect eggs, hold a chick, hold and pet goats, and took a wagon tour. The farm setting is beautiful. The tour was a great deal for all that we learned and experienced.

This should be under "things to do."

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2017

This is a farm, so don't expect the Hilton. Having said that, it's a beautiful place with clean, comfortable rooms and wonderful hosts. Breakfast was unlike any you'll find elsewhere-chipped beef, pumpkin bread, homemade applesauce, strawberry compote with yogurt and granola, shoo fly pie, beef sausage, scrambled eggs, muffins...The list goes on. There are a a handful of things every morning. They also served raw milk which the kids devoured. My room shared a bathroom and I had a sink in my room, which turned out to be wonderful, as it's what I use the most. I got up and fed the animals the first day I was there and it was great fun. Don, the retired farmer, Elisa, his daughter and Patrick, his son-in-law run the farm and they are all delightful. Genuinely nice and very hard working people. I wouldn't hesitate to go back. After 3 nights, I was sorry to leave. It's close to many of the attractions of the area, but far enough away to forget there are other people. This is a great experience for kids. There were several kids and I saw not one uninterested in something on the farm.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo