All reviewswhite housemilk the cowswagon ridethe main housethe barneggsbaby goatsbottle feedingchicken cooplots of funyear old daughtermorning choresother guestsbeef sausagetour guidewonderful hostshands on activities
Reviewed April 18, 2018

Each year my parents (who live in NJ) and my daughters and I (we live in CA) enjoy a two night stay here during the girls' Spring Break. There is so much to see and do in this immediate area. And the hosts, who have owned the farm for generations, are always so hospitable and helpful. During this last visit we had some car troubles and the owners went out of their way to help us analyze the problem, and suggested reputable garages in the area if we needed more help. Their farmhouse has become our Spring Break home away from home. We look forward to our next return visit. THANK YOU for another memorable stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank 908nsr
Reviewed April 6, 2018

I just went on the farm tour with my mother-in-law and two young daughter (3 + 5). We had a great time. The adults learned a lot about a working farm and the kids got to interact with lots of animals. The tour guide was very informative and patient with the young children and all their questions.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

After dining at the fantastic Speckled Hen and seeing a sign for Verdant View, we decided to go visit their provider of meats and dairy products. Booked only a day in advance, we joined another family in learning about the farm (4th generation non Amish) as well as the animals. From collecting eggs, holding chickens to feeding cows in the “maternity ward” and the baby calves, totally rewarding visit.

Kate our guide had infinite patience for questions from the kids and the squeamishness of the Moms (ok, me!) in getting close enough to milk the cow.

For city kids, or those who just wonder, great place to spend a few hours!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingRoach
Reviewed March 10, 2018

1st and foremost, outstanding people. We were in the area for the Litiz Fire and Ice Festival. Because of our late booking, we actually got to experience both the main house and guest house. Both were wonderful. The girls loved collection eggs, feeding the calf, and milking the cow (OK, I kind of had fun milking the cow as well). Milking the cow was much easier than I thought. As a suburban family, we learned a lot about farms. Same goes for the chickens. Even the little things like how to move, breed, feed, etc... the cows was fascinating. We like to give our children different experiences,but we usually stay in upscale hotels, BNBs, etc... While, as we expected, they didn't have a turn down or room service and small animals were walking around the farm outside (being gently and submissively greeted by Scooby, the friendly farm dog and their cat was real treat. Both facilities we stayed in were impeccably clean, sanitary, and comfortable. My wife was especially curious about how that would be given that we were staying on a working farm and participating in activities. Even my wife and younger daughter who aren't completely comfortable around dogs enjoyed it. each room had it's own individual lock. I understand why we met people staying there who repeatedly use it even as a stopping spot for an overnight on their multiday drives. We usually don't stay in the same place a 2nd time, but if we are ever planning on stopping for the night anywhere near here again, we'll revisit. The Saturday morning breakfast was a real treat. The food was wonderful and came from the farm or near by farms. In addition to the quant relaxed morning grace “Oh, the Lord’s been good to me, and so I thank the Lord for giving me the things I need, the sun and the rain and the appleseed; the Lord’s been good to me. Alleluia, Amen" We went around the two tables and were given an opportunity to say something unusually about yourself or display a talent. The Sunday morning breakfast voucher at The Speckled Hen was a surprising culinary treat on par with something you would get from Philadelphia's trendy 13th Street Kitchens. Chatting with Elisa, Patrick, and her father (Bob?) as we were preparing to leave was maybe the highlight of our excellent visit. Eliza and her father had lived down in Brazil trying to help improve farming and living conditions for the locals there. Fascinating stories and insights for those who are interested in foreign travel ways to give back.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

My wife visited Verdant View 30 years ago, and so we returned with my 6 year old son. The room was quaint and well provided, the farm chores were lots of fun (my son enjoyed feeding all the animals), and breakfast was excellent. Highly recommended!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family