“LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!”

StephaNikos Mediterranean Cuisine and Old World Pizza
Ranked #25 of 134 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Reviewed May 14, 2018

I am 100% italian and yet I never order the italian food there, why? because I go crazy over the other menu items. I am on mission to try everything at least once. First I order the soup, the bowl is huge, than another appetizer before the main dish. If I am not sure of a dish they stop by and explain it to me everytime. Ok, now I am beyond full and I need a wonderful dessert. It is BYOB, which I never exercise, but hopefully one day.

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I had the lemon soup with Orzo it was delicious. Also the Gyro meat was moist not dry everything fresh.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

The worst greek restaurant I have ever been to. The chicken gyro had no taste, the shrimp saganaki used small shrimp for $11.95, and the service was awful. Did I mention the service was terrible? The waitress was by herself, and there was only one table that was full with about 10 people; the rest of the restaurant was empty. They ran out of Spanakopita, and if you wanted pita with the saganaki, it would cost $2.00 extra. Unfortunately this is the Poconos, and people settle for less in the Poconos, because there isn't a whole lot of decent restaurants here. In New Jersey, this restaurant would have closed down already; it would never make it there.

1  Thank evsbabes
Reviewed October 20, 2017

My boyfriend's brother chose to come here for his birthday because he liked Mangia Baby. My boyfriend and I had never been, and were excited to try some Mediterranean cuisine. Sadly, our experience was less than pleasant. We wanted to order a pizza and garlic bread as appetizers, and were told they had to check if there was dough and if the owner was willing to make this. We were also told garlic bread was unavailable, even though it was on the menu. We stared at each other puzzled, but continued to try and enjoy the occasion. I then asked if I was able to order a calzone for my meal, and was told that was also dependent on whether the owner's discretion. We tried ordering the vegetarian moussaka and a chicken gyro instead, and were told there were no ingredients to make the moussaka. We thought this was strange because we overheard the waitress handing a regular moussaka dish to another table (same dish minus the meats). We proceeded to order two other items and were told these couldn't be made either. So, we decided to split a chicken gyro. The gyro was bland and regrettable, and the wet pizza was the only other option we settled for. We also overheard the staff talking amongst themselves regarding the owner's cooking preferences. If the full menu is too diverse and difficult to make both Greek and Italian dishes, a revised menu should be made to avoid such difficulty for both the customer and staff. We even witnessed the owner yell at a staff member out on the floor in front of a customer. After our negative experience, I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank Cam2Travel
Reviewed October 4, 2017

I love Greek but have not found a place in the area I would go to very often - until now. My husband ordered the gyro and I ordered the Spanakopita to go - when I tell you I could have eaten until I was sick, I kid you not. It was DELICIOUS! Luckily, the gyro had so much lamb in it, that he did not mind me picking meat off his plate. I am not sure about the italian dishes, but we will absolutely be back here for the Greek food - OFTEN! We also love that it's family owned. It's small but clean and warmly inviting. So Glad We Found You!!