“Dinner”

Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Swiftwater
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This classic American chophouse menu offers sumptuous culinary delights – including lobster claw and jumbo lump crab meat as well as a 16 oz. dry-aged porterhouse. Other entrees include half crispy duck and buttery grouper. If you’re looking for something casual we have several options from lobster wraps and cheeseburgers to entree salads. Whether you’re looking for a night of fine dining or a casual meal to enjoy; we look forward to serving you.
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

We did not realize how busy this restaurant would be for a 5pm dinner. We called only a few hours ahead of time and they were able to fit us in. The food was excellent and although the restaurant was very busy our waitress was very attentive. We would definitely recommend eating here and calling much more advance then we did.

Frogtown Chopho... F, Owner at The Frogtown Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Great advice, thanks!

Reviewed January 12, 2018

Great food as well as great staff!!! We arrived just as they were cleaning up after a coporate party. They gave us a table in the room w/a beautiful fireplace. Steaks were perfect. The chef even comped us (a table of 5) dessert because the meal took a little longer - maybe due to the clean up after the party. I could hear a lot of the guests were regulars and that says a lot about a place. They do a lot of holiday events. You should check their website if you're in the area. I think there's an inn and cottages on premises. I might take my family there some time.

1  Thank delia1

Great review, next time ask for me, Eric and say hello!

Reviewed January 5, 2018

We stumbled upon this restaurant when the one that we were intending to go to had an absurd wait. We were able to make a reservation quickly on the phone for 15 minutes later, which was incredibly lucky! The restaurant is in an inn, and it is very charming and quaint. There was live music by the bar, so that was a great touch to have while waiting for our table to get ready. Our waitress went above and beyond to make sure we understood the menu and gave us recommendations for things that she really liked. I don't eat red meat, so I was very happy that there were many other options on the menu other than steaks and there was variety among those options. For appetizers we got the panko crusted butterfly shrimp and the crab meat potato skins. Both were fantastic, thought the potato skins were my favorite. Seeing as I don't eat red meat, I got the barramundi as my main course and it was absolutely fantastic. Everything was cooked perfectly and well seasoned, and my family loved their cuts of meat. While it is a bit pricey given that it's a chophouse, everything was absolutely delicious and well worth it. The one downside is that it is a bit tricky to find parking given that the lot is small and that it is an inn so most spots are reserved for the guests. The cozy atmosphere, the good service, and the amazing food made it a great last meal of our vacation! Would definitely come back here again!

Always enjoy reading a review from a non red meat eater! Thank you for taking the time.

Reviewed January 5, 2018

My husband and I rented a house in the Poconos for the weekend and were told that the restaurants near us were a Perkins Pancake House, Wendy's and others along those lines. While doing a Google search for other options, I came across The Frogtown Chophouse. The drive there was long and dark and it seemed like we were in the middle of nowhere. My husband said that there was "NO WAY a good restaurant would be way out here" and boy were we surprised when we arrived.The restaurant is attached to the Woodfield Manor Inn, which is a beautiful building that was lit with twinkle light. The recent snow added to the charm. The interior continued to impress.
So let's get to the food...it started with a tasty house salad made which mixed greens and dressed with a balsalmic reduction. My husband order the filet and loved it. However the highlight of the night was my panko crusted barramundi filet topped with a sundried tomato brandy cream sauce served with wild rice and grilled zucchini. Every bit was a treat. Despite being full, I could not stop eating! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Excited we could be a great part of your getaway.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

The food is great. It gets a little noisy, but if that is an issue try for a table in the corner or back wall. They have specials and half price burgers on Wednesday. Their lobster wraps are superb.

Thanks!