“Food not wOrth the cost!”

The Frogtown Chophouse
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Swiftwater
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This classic American chophouse menu offers sumptuous culinary delights – including lobster claw and jumbo lump crab meat as well as a 16 oz. dry-aged porterhouse. Other entrees include half crispy duck and buttery grouper. If you’re looking for something casual we have several options from lobster wraps and cheeseburgers to entree salads. Whether you’re looking for a night of fine dining or a casual meal to enjoy; we look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very disappointing meal. With such high reviews, I was expecting a great meal, however, it felt like a chore to eat it. I had the crispy duck with raspberry sauce for $33 but it was actually just diluted raspberry jam! The person I was with had the lamb. He had the same experience, the food isn't bad, but it isn't good either. They use aggressive grilling and zero seasoning, so you basically getting burnt dry food with no taste. Definitely not worth the money!!!

2  Thank keetanjalee
Frogtown Chopho... F, Owner at The Frogtown Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

First bad review on our duck in 6 years so you can imagine how surprised I was. We use a raspberry melba sauce which is pureed raspberries that are thickened with powdered sugar, and not diluted jam. Would love to chat with you in person and invite you as our guest to another dinner at The Frogtown Chophouse, we are a small family run local business and work very hard everyday in a tough business to make everyone happy. Ask for Eric, Lyman or Kerra!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We weren’t having much luck finding GOOD places to eat while staying in the Poconos until we ate here! The food was delicious! I highly recommend the crab imperial stuffed potato skins. I could have made it my meal. They also had a good menu for my 5 year old. The staff was friendly and we really enjoyed the creatively delicious meal.

Frogtown Chopho... F, Owner at The Frogtown Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded today

Crab imperial potato skins are def. a favorite around here! Thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised, everyone was so friendly, the bar was busy and fun. The had an amazing singer that night, not to loud just right. The food was amazing !! We had the lobster and shrimp spring rolls shared the wedge salad (big portion). And shared the porterhouse steak which was one of the best steaks I’ve had in a long time! It wasn’t smothered in butter or over seasoned. I can’t wait to go back. And the bar tender made me my favorite cocktail CUCUMBER MARTINI! he’s a mixologist it was yummy!! Thanks again to all the staff there:)

That drink was awesome btw! May have to make our next menu. Thanks for a great review.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

My wife has a lot of dietary restrictions and our server was so helpful ind describing what is in the food and how it was prepared. She thought she would get stuck
Eating a salad again but instead had a great meal.

Glad we made hit this out of the park!

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were spending the weekend in the Poconos and came here for dinner on our first night. Our reservation was at 9pm and they had our table ready promptly. The entire wait staff was very welcoming and helpful.

The porkbelly and our steaks were phenomenal. My husband had the grand filet and I had the porterhouse with cheese and bacon. For dessert we had the bread pudding...amazing! The food was extremely flavorful and the portions were very generous.

We will definitely be back!

Appreciate you taking the time to review.