“This place should close soon”
Review of Veda Grill

Veda Grill
Ranked #27 of 47 Restaurants in Tannersville
Price range: US$12 - US$15
Description: Casual Indian Restaurant with dine in, take out and delivery options.
Reviewed January 22, 2017

Worst indian food I ever had. We were the first customers of the day. We ordered \

1. samosas(oily),
2. Paneer Tikka masala - having 10 Paneer pieces by count and was served in a foam bowl. I am still having color on our hands after 5-6 hours
3. Biryani - which is no more than a pulao but was ok.
4. Roti

The food was served in foam plates and disposables which is good for to-go but who expects dining in foam disposables. He even asked us to use one of our spoon again and put them on table.

Also, the food was over priced.

Just one thing was ok THE STAFF.

I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

3 of us visited on a Friday night. The place was empty. We soon realized why. It is a small restaurant, with maybe 10 tables. Nothing fancy, but clean. The only heat appeared to come from a heater on the wall, which blew hot hair every time it kicked in. A flat screen tv hung on the back wall with what appeared to be an Indian movie playing. This place has been open a few months, but I don't expect it to last, unless some changes are made.
Okay, first the good: the staff were friendly and accommodating, and the food, for the most part, was delicious. When the owner saw something was too spicy for us, he offered to remake it, which I appreciated even though we declined.
Now, the bad: we weren't expecting fine dining, but the food was served in takeout tins and styrofoam bowls. Convenient for taking home leftovers, but not cool for a dining experience. We were also given styrofoam plates and plastic forks and tiny plastic cups for water. This wouldn't have been so bad if this was a hole in the wall place with inexpensive food. But the food was expensive, and that is the second problem. We ordered 2 appetizers, and 2 vegetarian entrees, as well as rice. We also had 2 orders of naan. The bill was over $80. For that price, when dining out, we want a nice atmosphere, and real silverware, china and cups, not styrofoam and plastic forks. My guess is the owners view this as mainly a takeout place, so you can bring the food home and use your own China and silverware, and that would be fine. But again, you are still paying the same high prices for takeout. In fact, there was no separate menu for dining in. We were handed the pamphlet used for takeout orders when ordering.
In conclusion, the food, though good, is not enough to make me go back. High prices and lack of proper serving plates and utensils will prevent this place from getting return customers they need to grow the business.

Reviewed October 24, 2016

Veda Grill serves delicious Indian cuisine. The owner told us they were only a few months old. I had saag and my wife had a lamb curry. Both were higher quality than you would expect from a strip mall-type diner. My only ding would be the plastic forks and paper plates. But that's a contributor to the moderate pricing.

Reviewed October 4, 2016

Quick, friendly service and really quality food. I had the butter chicken and the boyfriend had the chicken vindaloo. We shared the garlic naan. Everything tasted really fresh and I could taste the fresh ginger and other ingredients in my dish. The naan was some of the best naan I had. Really surprised to find such a great restaurant in the Poconos!

Reviewed September 12, 2016

My friend took me to lunch and we had the lunch box. I had the Paneer and she had the chicken. It was delicious and the server was extremely nice. We also had the vegetable samosa with the sauce. Very nice place to have a really great Indian meal. The price is just right and please remember that the entrance is on the side of the building not in front.