“Nice getaway”

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed here for one night over the weekend to do some skiing. Check in was pleasant. The lady at the front desk was accomodating to my requests and we were able to check in at 2pm which was a relief being that I was traveling with two toddlers. I was anxious as to the condition of the hotel prior to check in due to the negative reviews. To my surprise, the room we got was clean. No complaints from my kids or my husband. The hotel definitely needs some repair/maintenance (loose toilet paper holder, craked sink). I did notice that in the hallway, there were used plates, glasses and napkins when we arrived. There were hotel staff in the floor at that time since the other rooms are still being cleaned. The dirty dishes were still in the hallway when we checked out the next day. The mountain view is amazing. The pool was decent, hot tub was nice. For the price they charge, I would say it is appropriate. We will definitely stay here again and will recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Maria Veronica R -

I appreciate your rating and your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Our goal is to be the comfortable getaway for you and your family. I am glad we were able to live up to that experience. And yes, the view is hard to beat... you should see it in the summer and would love the water park, it is great for families.

The dishes are upsetting to me. I thought that issue was addressed and behind us. I will review your comments with the team and make certain we fix it once and for all.

Please do say hello on your next stay and hopefully we can earn that 5th star !

-John

Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel is a bit misleading- they make you think you are staying at the "base of the mountain". While you may be close to the mountain, it is certainly not a ski in/ski out hotel. The staff was also not at all helpful in helping us figure out where to go for all the ski information (the night clerk woman with the long braid was much nicer and more helpful).

The rooms are small, not very clean, and meant for college students or families. We stayed for two nights and the housekeeping service came in, made the beds and left- they didn't refill the coffee, soap, or do anything besides make the bed. I would never stay here again, especially not for the amount you pay. What a waste.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

kimberlynyc1212-

Thank you for your review and your blunt feedback.

If I can clarify, we are not a ski in/ ski out property, but we are certainly at the base of Camelback, nestled between the snow tubing and the base lodge.

I also appreciate your kind words about our guest services agent who works at night. She is great with her guest interaction and quite frankly I expect everyone regardless of position to do it that well. We will use this as a learning opportunity for the other agent you referenced.

I will also use your comments to address housekeeping. This is a key point of focus for our staff and your comments will reiterate the importance of doing it well, every time.

If you change your mind about giving us another opportunity to make a first impression, I would appreciate it. If you do, please contact me directly, I will make certain we do better for you.

Thanks again for the review-

Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is nothing but a resort. Upon check-in, we found that our room faces the parking lot, not the gardens. My husband and I took our two kids for a long weekend of ski and tubbing and figured we might as well pay a little extra to stay on the mountain. Not only is this resort not on the mountain, it's not within walking distance and it doesn't even offer a shuttle to the mountain. So if you have to get into the car and drive 2 minutes to get the mountain, you might as well stay further away ata nicer property.
Our second biggest dissapointement was when our room wasn't cleaned, not one day but two days in a row. On our second day, I complained and a guy came up to offer me clean towels - of course I want clean towels but since I'm at a resort, I would like my beds made too, oh and maybe have someone clean my room - dust and stuff - you know things that are normally done in a resort.
The only nice thing about this resort is that they have a restaurant and a pool on premises. The indoor pool is nice and it's only 4' deep, perfect for kids. The restaurant is nice too as you don't have to get fully dressed to leave the hotel - but a resort it's not.
This is our first time staying at this resort and the last.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Irene K-

I am glad you were able to enjoy the facilities, restaurant and pool.

I am also disappointed that you were not thrilled with the rest of the property. I would think that if you had a mountain view, you would have enjoyed it more. That side of the property faces the mountain, Camelback, Camelbeach, Big Pocono State Park and have balconies to enjoy the view. The view really is hard to beat and worth the small charge to stay on that side. The mountain is a stone's throw, but we do not recommend walking due to the volume of traffic on the road.

I am uncertain why you would not have received maid service, it obviously should have happened. If I can find your room number, I will research it and make certain our housekeeping process is not 'broken' for you or other future guests.

If you ever decide to give us another try, please let me know and I will make certain your stay is a great one.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

My stay was less than restful. Another guest staying on the same floor, allowed their dog to bark for hours. I asked a staff member why the hotel guide stated, " No pets allowed." I was told that the binder had not been updated. I later discovered that the pet friendly policy has been established for a year. After many complaints, the barking finally stopped, that is, until 8 the next morning, when the barking started again. This is absurd! I understand pet friendly lodging, however disturbing other guests in the hotel is unacceptable. The hotel should provide a designated floor for all guests with pets. Also, guests should be told that pets have stayed in the rooms. Those with allergies would appreciate the warning! I wouldn't plan on another stay there.

• Stayed: February 2012

L165-

My apologies for your less than peaceful sleep. I am not aware of where the no pets allowed is posted, but will certainly do some research, as you pointed out, we have been pet friendly for some time.

As to the barking, our pet owners agree in writing when they arrive that if the pets disturb other guests, they will control the pet or board it at a kennel or check out. Rarely does this happen as most pet owners are sensitive to their pets, but on occasion it is necessary for us to address it. The front desk is trained in this area and will address it if brought to their attention.

As to allergies, my wife too is allergic. So we take great pains to make certain pets do not have 'free run' of the building and are kept in as separate as possible, specifically at the end of the building close to a side entrance, for their convenience and the convenience of our other 'non-pet' guests.

I hope this helps. If you have other suggestions on how we can better serve our guests in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

-John

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My friends and I were just up here this past weekend for two days of skiing. Overall, the hotel was perfect for what we needed, as for the 4/5 stars. We didnt eat here, check out the pools or arcade, so, can't give it 5/5 and wouldn't want to mislead anyone.

We have stayed here two years in a row for President's Day Weekend and had a good time both times. This weekend we arrived early on Sunday and couldn't check in yet which was fine. We all changed in the bathrooms and headed up to the mountain to ski for the day. The hotel does offer a shuttle to and from the mountatin, but, we didn't take it.
We got back to the hotel and were not able to check in yet, this was around 2:30, so we changed and took a drive to check out the restaurant we were going to eat dinner at.

We were finally able to check in around 3:30ish, got up to the room and it was just what we needed. Large room, king bed, hot shower and enough space to lay out the clothing to dry. Bed was comfy for my wife and I and slept pretty good. We had no problems the following morning with check-out or what not. The view from the patio deck next to the front desk is great.

Overall, the time here was good and Im sure we will be back there same time next year, if not before.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Frankieb6024-

Thank you. We love our location and easy access to many of the area attractions and close access (but far enough away) from I-80.

I also wouldn't want to mislead anyone. We do have shuttle service to the mountain during holiday weekends that is run by the mountain. This is generally New years, MLK and President's weekend. Glad you were able to take advantage of it.

Please do come back to see us, perhaps for a summer getaway? Say hello when you do!

Thanks again-

Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Chateau and were really pleased. We were even allowed to bring our two dogs, which made it all the better. The frontdesk, housekeeping and bar/restaurant staff were great. We chose the room with the balcony. The view is wonderful, and it even snowed a bit to make it all the better. After reading some of the negative reviews posted on here, we really just hoped for the best. So we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at our room. We liked it so much that we are planning a trip back in a month or two. We are hoping to get the same room!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

kikko101-

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We do understand that for many of us, our pets are part of the family. I am glad they could join you on your getaway.

Please do say hello on your next stay, I hope we can earn that next star...

Thanks again-

Reviewed 14 February 2012

We love to come up here every year for a getaway. We enjoy the mountain View room. There is a lake you can see from the sliding glass door and a pair of white swans we look forward to seeing every year when we visit. The bed mattress is nice and firm and always provides a great night sleep. We like to soak in the Jacuzzi after we get dinner. The area is just beautiful and our room is super comfortable. Also it's a quiet hotel and we always get a great night sleep there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Meeta4-

Thank you for your comments and your review. I appreciate your kind words and your repeat trips to visit us.

Please say hello on your next stay.

John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
5 km away
7 km away
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!