“nothing to complain about”

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Pennsylvania
“nothing to complain about”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Large generic motel type room in a large building located near the Camelback ski area. Staff was helpful and friendly. We overwhelmed the resturant with about 25 people On a Saturday evening but despite the understandably slow service the food was well prepared and there were no problems.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pageezer
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Pageezer-

Thank you for your review and your understanding with the service time for your large group. You were all a lot of fun (and patient!)

We look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to let us know when you are coming, we'll put a couple extra servers on!

John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Pine Brook, NJ
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night while getting away with friends for the weekend. After reading the reviews, I was a little nervous. It's definitely in need of some renovations. The lobby is pretty - updated with a modern fireplace. Check in was quick and the girl very nice. The room was older & dark but fairly clean. Since it was only one night, we survived but I would not choose to stay here again. With that said, I wanted to compliment the staff. All were very nice especially Laura, one of the managers, who was so helpful and assisted our large group. They also had a movie set up in a conf room with free popcorn/drinks for hotel guests. The kids enjoyed that. Breakfast was decent but not really worth $11 per person. I would rate the rooms as a 2 star; staff as 4 star.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
4fromNJ-

I am glad to hear of the service you received and that you enjoyed the resort amenities, movies and lobby. We pride ourselves on providing the service you describe, I am glad it was recognized.

As to your room experience, I am glad it was clean. I am not certain what other concerns you may have had. I would like to understand a little more about your experience and what we can do to get you back for a future visit. Please do feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Norwood PA
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The check-in process was painfully slow, the room wasn't cleaned properly, the beds are very firm (fine for some), the decor is severely outdated, the room floor was lumpy (yes, lumpy), the elevators were a bit scary and there are no room fridges. Overall, I would never choose to stay here. It needs a LOT of TLC and would benefit from being bought out by some outfit like Hilton or something. The location is great.

• Stayed April 2012
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Suroor-

Thank you for your review and your honest feedback. I too love the location and the potential within the property.

As to your room, I would appreciate knowing the room number so I can address the floor. It should not be 'lumpy', I am glad to hear the bed was firm, that should be like that.

We do have fridges available for the rooms, there is an additional charge, but minimal and we make certain we have plenty of them available for your convenience.

Please do let me know your room number and please do say hello on your next visit, so I can make certain everything is great for your stay.

-John

Travellers are raving about these Tannersville hotels

Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We just got home from our weekend stay at the Chateau. We visit the Poconos quite often, so we figured we would try the resort, plus they accept pets. When we checked in the girl at front desk was very nice.. We got to our room and it was very nice, the view was great, nice balcony. Now here is my issue, The room was not very clean, there was dust everywhere, and everything I touched I felt like I had to was my hands. We had room service the first night (food was just ok) we had left the tray outside our room that morning, we got back around 6pm and tray was still out there. I am not very picky person and dust is not a big deal, but when we have to pay two hundred per night, (that is including my dog to stay there) I am expecting a clean room. The room is very outdated, tv was soo old, picture came in terrible. I don't mind spending the money, and I would stay here again (maybe) but not at the price we paid, not worth it. All in all the hotel was very nice, just needs to be updated and a new cleaning crew. Just one more thing, beds were very comfy and sheets were clean!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisa h
Lisa H-

I am glad you liked the bed and the property in general. We have been very aggressive in making sure these issues (and others) are addressed by housekeeping.

It does sound like we missed a couple of things during your stay however. We will use your comments to get better in that department.

Please do let me know when you will be in the area again, I would love to have you back to the property to see some of the other improvements we are making.

Kingston, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is not quite what you'd expect from a "resort." The photograph on the web makes it look a lot more attractive than it actually is. That being said, The Chateau is really not SO bad. It has a warm feeling and a lovely pool. It is situated very well for skiing and shopping. The breakfast is good, but it is not really worth paying so much extra for. Also, they charge for a gratuity, so even after you think you've paid for breakfast, they hit you up with a charge of 15% for the waitstaff who only bring you coffee.
The beds are stiff. The mattresses were evidently not top of the line.
The staff was nice...They let us check in considerably early and stay late.
The pool, gym and game room area were crowded with kids and teenagers at night.
All in all though, we would go back, especially if they lowered their rates about $30 or $40...Not what you would expect for $130 in a small Pennsylvania town.

Room Tip: Go for mountain view (although this costs more)...Garden view actually means "parking lot view...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
KerryAnnMc-

Hmmm. You should not have been charged an automatic gratuity on your breakfast unless you were part of a large group or attending one of our functions (Easter Brunch, etc...). I will look into that and make certain it isn't happening on our regular breakfasts.

I am glad you enjoyed the view and the rest of the property. We do strive to provide genuine service and a welcoming environment.

Please do allow us to host your next stay and perhaps earn that next star. Say hello on your next visit and I will make certain everything is great.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We traveled with our 2 toddlers and another family. When we checked in everyone was friendly. We requested joining rooms and she said "ok no problem" we get our keys and go up to our room and..... no joining rooms! I called downstairs and said, "I requested joining rooms" and she said, "Oh I'm sorry it was my mistake," WOW, she forgot that fast, in the 2 minutes it took us to check in? Oh well, not a big deal, we stayed in the seperate rooms right next to each other. When we walked into the room it smelled like musty old motel room but it was clean, not my kinda clean, but clean enough and with toddlers that's all we care about. I got a good deal on the stay through eversave.com and unless there is a 80%!! off sale we will not return there due only to the smell. I will put out the extra money and stay at Great Wolf Lodge because of our kids. Btw I agree with the other review, we also had tray's and dishes in hall way all weekend long! and the maids just walked right pass them all weekend.

Room Tip: Get the mountain view room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Angela L-

Thank you for your comments. I am uncertain what the smell issue was, it is not a concern I hear a lot so would appreciate knowing some more information about your stay so i can make certain it is addressed.

As to the trays, it should not have happened, our process must have broken down somewhere. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Great Wolf is a great option. They do a nice job. We look at ourselves as something different. More intimate, focused on area attractions, comfortable getaway, close to everything, not committed to one activity or facility.

Finally, the adjoining rooms should have been made available. I apologize that they were not and will make certain it is fixed for the future. Please do let me know if you plan on returning, I will make certain these issues are not repeated.

Islip Terrace, New York
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed here for one night over the weekend to do some skiing. Check in was pleasant. The lady at the front desk was accomodating to my requests and we were able to check in at 2pm which was a relief being that I was traveling with two toddlers. I was anxious as to the condition of the hotel prior to check in due to the negative reviews. To my surprise, the room we got was clean. No complaints from my kids or my husband. The hotel definitely needs some repair/maintenance (loose toilet paper holder, craked sink). I did notice that in the hallway, there were used plates, glasses and napkins when we arrived. There were hotel staff in the floor at that time since the other rooms are still being cleaned. The dirty dishes were still in the hallway when we checked out the next day. The mountain view is amazing. The pool was decent, hot tub was nice. For the price they charge, I would say it is appropriate. We will definitely stay here again and will recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Maria Veronica R -

I appreciate your rating and your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Our goal is to be the comfortable getaway for you and your family. I am glad we were able to live up to that experience. And yes, the view is hard to beat... you should see it in the summer and would love the water park, it is great for families.

The dishes are upsetting to me. I thought that issue was addressed and behind us. I will review your comments with the team and make certain we fix it once and for all.

Please do say hello on your next stay and hopefully we can earn that 5th star !

-John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
5.0 km away
21.6 km away
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!