“Great food, good whiskey, excellent service!”

Barley Creek Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Tannersville
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Description: American Brewpub - Breakfast at "The Morning Toast" 8:01am to 11:00. Lunch at 11:01 till late night. Outdoor dinning Sunday @ 4:00 pm up at our Pint Size Park. We also do a lot of catering! Did we mention we are a microbrewery and a craft distillery! We make beer, spirits, breakfast, lunch and dinner. All fun and about as good as it gets.
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

My spouse and I decided to check out some new areas within an hours drive if home. We decided to go to Tannersville and check out the crossings. On the way we wanted to go someplace different for lunch and looked to see what TripAdvisor recommended, The Barley Creek looked to most interesting.
It was busy, but we were seated within 5 minutes, our server was at out table before I could open the drink menu, and was very pleasant, she brought me a water until I decided on the Whiskey and coke. Their whiskey was very good!! I had the shrimp tacos, it came out with 3 tacos loaded with shrimp and veggies, a little spicy, but not overbearing, the shrimp was tender, and it was very good, my husband enjoyed his fish and chips and we had a brownie sundae to share, which was divine! Warm soft chocolate brown stuffed with melted caramel and pretzel topped, with a side of very creamy vanilla ice cream.
Everything came out in good times, it was well prepared, and the server checked on us at perfect intervals!

Trip R, Owner at Barley Creek Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Hi Quasarquest,

That's the way is supposed to happen - according to all our play books! :) Glad the team(s) Host, Brewery, Kitchen, Service got it right. Thanks for be explorers looking for fun different things! In the summer our back yard is open from Sunday to Thursday. It's booked with weddings and things on Friday and Saturday - but don't rule that out for a summer excursion. Cheers - Trip

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had stopped min your wonderful restaurant for lunch during our afternoon of just having fun. Your restaurant was our beginning point, and set a high bar for every other place we went. I had the fish and chips (smaller size), she had shrimp tacos, and we shared a desert. We had such an enjoyable time, I even left a small msg for our waitress of "Excellent Server". Thank you for helping make our Sat afternoon escape start out great!

Trip R, Owner at Barley Creek Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2018

Hi John D,

You know one of the reasons my Eileen and I opened up Barley Creek some 22 years ago was to create a place where guests could feel like they were on a mini-vacation and based on your shout out we are still getting it right. Thanks for visiting the Creek. Cheers - Trip

Reviewed January 28, 2018

This place always seems to be busy during the dinner time hours and rightfully so. They have an extensive food menu (including pizza) and a good beer selection. It's very family friendly, spacious, and clean. If we're at the Outlets we always try to stop here for dinner because it's the closest place with good food.

3  Thank Brewhound
Trip R, Owner at Barley Creek Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2018

You really can't go wrong getting a review like this from a guest with the handle "Brewhound" Love it. It does get busy - I'm thinking if your not far widweek before 6:00pm is better than 7:00pm - Don't rule out breakfast ... before shopping? Cheers - Trip

Reviewed January 27, 2018

We ate our anniversary dinner her and had a great time. I had the personal 10" Hawaiian pizza and my wife had the prime rib tacos. Service was excellent (thanks Mike!) and it was worth the 20 minute wait. Perhaps the best part was the breakfast side of the restaurant called the Morning Toast. We ate breakfast there twice. The Apple Streusel french toast was great! I had Bobby's Hangover Helper one morning and the Southwest omelet the other one. Both were delicious. The staff was friendly and attentive and made for an enjoyable experience. Do yourself a favor and stop here for a great meal!

Trip R, Owner at Barley Creek Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2018

Hi Allen,

Can't get a much better review than that. Thanks!!! I love breakfast and the Morning Toast is indeed unique and a good find. Cheers - Trip

Reviewed January 26, 2018

This was our first time to the Camelback Mountain region. While we had a ton of issues at CamelBack Resort, this place was a highlight for us. They do not take reservations and we knew it would be busy on a Saturday night. We had a party of 8 with 4 adults and 4 kids so that makes things tough. The wait was an hour (that tells you people like it). They quickly advised us that we could get snacks and beers at the bar and take them down to the game room with the kids. Great idea and the hour quickly passed. I must say the beer was excellent and food was well beyond expectation. Being a brewery we did not anticipate anything special from the food side of things. The meatloaf, while not the prettiest dish, was really good. Service was friendly and did the best they could being so busy. I have to go with a 5 rating! We were all talking about how impressed we were the next day. It was reasonably priced as well!

Hi Zaglesjay,

Thanks for the "Great beer and surprisingly good food! Well done Barley Creek" review and shout out. That game room really does come in handy. One of my favorite sayings (when there is a wait for a table) "if you have a beer - or your favorite beverage - and you are with family and friends - are you really waiting? Thanks again and at least of now it's not so crowded at our breakfast concept we named "The Morning Toast" Cheers - Trip