“Wonderful Second Stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tallahassee, Florida
“Wonderful Second Stay”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was my second stay at the Artist Inn and both visits were wonderful. Jan is a gracious hostess. The room was beautiful and clean. Breakfast was great and plentiful. We felt right at home. The prior stay was at the cottage and we had plenty of space. The art work by Bruce is unique and I finally bought the picture I wanted after the first stay. Z

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
6455JG, Owner at Artist's Inn and Gallery, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Cyndy - thanks for inlcuding us as a stop on this trip north. I'm so glad we had nice weather for you and you didn't have to freeze!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 March 2012

It was all about the girlfriends this time around, and we loved having the carriage house. There's a queen bedroom downstairs with a bath that also serves as the guest bath. Upstairs, two more rooms, a king and a queen (I got the king, hooray for me!) share a nice bath. Rooms are well-furnished and comfortable, with lots of thoughtful touches. I was disappointed that I couldn't fit the bed into my suitcase to take it home with me. (Ok, the innkeeper might have noticed that.) It was ridiculously comfortable. After several days on the road, I also appreciated having access to a washer/dryer. And the kitchen - wow! They have thought of *everything*. We spent a lot of time out on the back porch deck, relaxing (nice comfortable deck furniture - a real plus) and enjoying the fine weather and the clip-clop of the horse & buggies passing by. Our hosts were welcoming, and hospitable, and genuinely interested in guests' comfort. The inn is charming. The setting beautiful. Every single thing was exactly right.

Room Tip: Nice to have the entire carriage house when traveling in a small group - we were three girlfriends...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Thanks for your kind words.....we really enjoyed the visit with you crazy ladies!
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The stay was awesome, as well as the great Goodmorning smiles and talk we had over breakfast. It is almost like home only better, I don't have to serve any body. I'm getting served, I have been back a couple of times, and love it. Not the only one with repeats. And that is why so many people are coming back to the artist in. Greet time thanks Sil as I said
Helemaal te gek.

• Stayed March 2012
6455JG, Owner at Artist's Inn and Gallery, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Silvie - It's always great to see you again. Your smile lights up the dining room. But can you translate "Helemaal te gek" from Dutch to English?
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The service was impeccable, ambiance and breakfasts outstanding, and cheerfulness and courtesy of the inn owner exceeded expectations. This will be the only place I consider staying when I visit the Lancaster, PA, area.

Room Tip: All rooms were exceptional and beautifully appointed.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for a great review Carol - it was so nice to meet you. I'm glad the jewelry classes went well.
new jersey
Reviewed 24 March 2012

What a great B&B. Jan and Bruce were wonderful hosts. The breakfast's were excellent. Both Jan and Bruce were very helpful with restaurant info. We enjoyed Lili's on Main in Ephrata immensely. The highlight of the inn (besides BREAKFAST) is Bruces whimsical art work. It was nice staying in an inn with art gallery included! The little town is really cute and very easy to get into Lancaster county - Kitchen Kettle Village, outlets, Shady Maple, etc.
The price is very affordable and you get so many other things - homemade cookies in the cookie jar, delicious chocalates on you pillow at nighttime. We can't say enough about the Inn - go to this little town right across from the Big White Church! You won't regret it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cat22NewJersey
6455JG, Owner at Artist's Inn and Gallery, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thanks so much for writing about our inn. We love to share great restaurants in our area - and Lily's is one of the best!
Union, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I was reminiscing about this stay, and was shocked to see that I had not yet reviewed it. We stayed here in February 2009, and it was my first B&B experience, and by far-the best that continues to be the benchmark for all our subsequent stays. That it is still fresh in my mind is testament to the quality of the stay. Bruce and Jan made us feel totally at home, and the lovely breakfast was the icing on the cake. Lancaster as an area per se is my favorite-so that added to the charm.
We also got a couple of Bruce's pencil art pieces, and they still adorn the walls of our house today.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6455JG, Owner at Artist's Inn and Gallery, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review. It was so nice of you to remember us.
Broad Brook, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My wife and I went to see a Play at a local theater, but though the play was great, we met a number of folks we could easily call friends. The Inn was well decorated, our room (Kriss Kringle ) was all the site advertised and more - with gas fireplace, 1890 hand carved Oak furniture and lots of ambience. The 5 course breakfasts were unbelievable - elegant, well seasoned, colorful and filling - hard to stop eating. It was a time for sharing with all of the other guests along with both Bruce and Jan. We shall return next year or at the next show or just to visit both our new friends and the beautiful country side - awakening to the clip clop of Amish Carriages.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sparold
6455JG, Owner at Artist's Inn and Gallery, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Paula and Hal - It was so nice visiting with you. Sometimes you just know you are going to be friends.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Terre Hill
38.6 km away
The Olde Square Inn
The Olde Square Inn
#1 of 10 in Mount Joy

Been to Artist's Inn and Gallery? Share your experiences!