Artist's Inn and Gallery
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Old Summer House(East Earl)
Hollander Motel(New Holland)
View Hotel
All reviewsgarden suiterose roomclip cloplancaster countycookie jarb bhomemade cookiesprivate porchbed and breakfastan amazing cookchristmas themegourmet breakfastjacuzzi tubperfect hostscarriage houserestaurant recommendationshorse and buggy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was my second stay at the Artist Inn and both visits were wonderful. Jan is a gracious hostess. The room was beautiful and clean. Breakfast was great and plentiful. We felt right at home. The prior stay was at the cottage and we had plenty of space. The art work by Bruce is unique and I finally bought the picture I wanted after the first stay. Z

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6455JG, Owner at Artist's Inn and Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Cyndy - thanks for inlcuding us as a stop on this trip north. I'm so glad we had nice weather for you and you didn't have to freeze!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

It was all about the girlfriends this time around, and we loved having the carriage house. There's a queen bedroom downstairs with a bath that also serves as the guest bath. Upstairs, two more rooms, a king and a queen (I got the king, hooray for me!) share a nice bath. Rooms are well-furnished and comfortable, with lots of thoughtful touches. I was disappointed that I couldn't fit the bed into my suitcase to take it home with me. (Ok, the innkeeper might have noticed that.) It was ridiculously comfortable. After several days on the road, I also appreciated having access to a washer/dryer. And the kitchen - wow! They have thought of *everything*. We spent a lot of time out on the back porch deck, relaxing (nice comfortable deck furniture - a real plus) and enjoying the fine weather and the clip-clop of the horse & buggies passing by. Our hosts were welcoming, and hospitable, and genuinely interested in guests' comfort. The inn is charming. The setting beautiful. Every single thing was exactly right.

Room Tip: Nice to have the entire carriage house when traveling in a small group - we were three girlfriends, and liked having the living room, kitchen, and porch all to ourselves.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thanks for your kind words.....we really enjoyed the visit with you crazy ladies!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

The stay was awesome, as well as the great Goodmorning smiles and talk we had over breakfast. It is almost like home only better, I don't have to serve any body. I'm getting served, I have been back a couple of times, and love it. Not the only one with repeats. And that is why so many people are coming back to the artist in. Greet time thanks Sil as I said
Helemaal te gek.

• Stayed: March 2012
6455JG, Owner at Artist's Inn and Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Silvie - It's always great to see you again. Your smile lights up the dining room. But can you translate "Helemaal te gek" from Dutch to English?

Reviewed 25 March 2012

The service was impeccable, ambiance and breakfasts outstanding, and cheerfulness and courtesy of the inn owner exceeded expectations. This will be the only place I consider staying when I visit the Lancaster, PA, area.

Room Tip: All rooms were exceptional and beautifully appointed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for a great review Carol - it was so nice to meet you. I'm glad the jewelry classes went well.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

What a great B&B. Jan and Bruce were wonderful hosts. The breakfast's were excellent. Both Jan and Bruce were very helpful with restaurant info. We enjoyed Lili's on Main in Ephrata immensely. The highlight of the inn (besides BREAKFAST) is Bruces whimsical art work. It was nice staying in an inn with art gallery included! The little town is really cute and very easy to get into Lancaster county - Kitchen Kettle Village, outlets, Shady Maple, etc.
The price is very affordable and you get so many other things - homemade cookies in the cookie jar, delicious chocalates on you pillow at nighttime. We can't say enough about the Inn - go to this little town right across from the Big White Church! You won't regret it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cat22NewJersey
6455JG, Owner at Artist's Inn and Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thanks so much for writing about our inn. We love to share great restaurants in our area - and Lily's is one of the best!