All reviews garden suite rose room clip clop lancaster county cookie jar cookies private porch back porch christmas theme bed and breakfast gourmet breakfast perfect hosts jacuzzi tub restaurant recommendations great cook carriage house feel like family
Reviewed October 2, 2017

I highly recommend this inn to visitors. Very quaint, comfy and inviting. Close to a lot of attractions and shopping. Breakfast was delicious! Innkeeper's are friendly and love to talk to guests about their Inn, local attractions and give details/info on the area/history of their Inn.

Room Tip: All rooms at the Inn are awesome - themed rooms. We stayed in The Rose Room - loved it.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patti177
ArtistInn, Owner at Artist's Inn and Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Patti - Thanks for visiting! So glad that you found us. There's never enough time to spend with friends - we're happy to provide a retreat for folks.

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast. We were highly impressed. Jan and Bruce were very warm and welcoming. We stayed in the Kris Kringle room. It was so charming! Breakfast was absolutely delicious!! Will definitely be staying again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda C
ArtistInn, Owner at Artist's Inn and Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Thanks Brenda - it was nice to have you at breakfast. We hope you had a fun day Saturday and can find us again for the races next year.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

We came here for our anniversary and decided to stay at this B&B. So glad we did. Jan and Bruce were so friendly. Loved everything especially the backyard and firepit, so unique. Breakfast was delicious,and so were the homemade cookies. Close to everything we wanted to see. Hope to visit again. Thanks so much!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ArtistInn, Owner at Artist's Inn and Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Thank you so much - you made our day! We hope to celebrate your next anniversary!

Reviewed August 24, 2017

This vacation was are first experience at staying at B and Bs. I researched extensively to find the best one for each our 4 nights.We had a minor issue with availability of the room we had reserved online, but Jan took care of it and it worked out better for us. She recommended a new restaurant that was about 20 minutes away. Great choice! We and another couple were the only ones staying there that night. Our breakfast was over the top for quantity and quality. We spent some time on the front porch and had a nice chat with a Mennonite lady walking by before breakfast. Definitely a great find!

Room Tip: Had a street side room and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

We're so glad that you enjoyed your visit. I think you went to Gracie's that night - one of our local favorites. And porch sitting - almost a lost art....except in Terre Hill! Thanks for posting a review.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

I had a very peaceful stay at the Artist Inn. After breakfast I had a nap on the most comfortable King size bed with luxurious sheets. So much so that I asked about purchasing them. I will be contacting Jan to place an order.

As usual the cookie jar was full, we got in late but Jan left a message for us in the dining room. The people you meet at breakfast are always happy and pleasant - maybe it's the good night's sleep. My purchase on this visit was an apron - I am starting to cook again. Bruce is taking pre-orders for his next coffee table book and the title is hilarious - Herring Impaired. I was so busy planning my next trip and looking at all the activities available that I forgot to ask about the book.

I met a gentleman who will not stay at a B&B but he will stay at the Artist Inn, despite the rooms being on the second floor. Each room has a private bathroom so no worries about sharing accommodations. Snacks, coffee, tea and cold beverages are on the second floor so there is no need to run up and down when you want a snack or a cold drink.

There is a cottage for families to stay in which I always forget to mention. So the site is good for families wanting there own 'home'. If you want a private balcony select the Garden Suite. If you want a street view with an additional room to spread out, select the Rose Room. Both have King size beds. The Kris Kringle room has a queen size due to the location of the fireplace in the room.

Room Tip: The Garden Suite has a private entrance and balcony. The Puzzle Room can be reserved with the Rose Room for a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks Jeana - wow, you know our rooms!!! It was so good to see you again. We appreciate your coming back and fitting us into your busy life.