“A Regular Stop For Us” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Baltimore, Maryland
“A Regular Stop For Us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

We always stay here when traveling to the Pittsburgh area to see Jimmy Buffett at Star Lake (or whatever corporate name it has this year!). It's only about 20 miles from the venue in Burgettstown and is a great place to stay if you're coming from the southest to see a show. Have stayed here 8 years in a row and have never had an issue. The price has always been very reasonable, the room clean and we're usually able to check in early before heading to tailgate at the concert. I've never had an issue with the parking, but I guess some people just aren't satisfied if they can't park right by the door. After reading some of the reviews I didn't even realize the whole hotel wasn't non-smoking. Never had an issue but they should change that for sure. I've never thought the breakfast was anything special but it's adquate for what I'm looking for. Again, it's not the Ritz, not sure exactly what people expect. I plan on returning here every year.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Clayton, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stopped at this hotel for two reasons. Number one was that it was at a good stopping point for my trip to New York and the second reason was that it was just down the street from a casino. I was very happy with the staff and found that the rooms were very quiet. Mine was next to the elevator and I rarely heard the ping when it opened it's doors on my floor. I was a little concerned that the noise from the truck parking lot and McDonalds outside of my window would be bad, but once again I didn't hear any noises that were loud enough to keep me awake. The rooms were very clean and the King room that I had even came with a hot tub which I didn't realize was an option for the room. All in all, I will definately be stopping there next year when I travel back to NY.

Room Tip: If you get a King room and enjoy a using a hot tub, you might want to try to reserve one of the King...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NCGrimbo
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

As stated by another reviewer, parking is a problem due to the fact that the parking lot is not made for tractor trailers. The rooms were nice, the staff friendly, etc. I would advise if you are a non smoker, be careful staying on the 3rd floor. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and after returning to the room late one night, as we opened the elevator, the smell of smoke was overwhelming. You could even smell it in the room. I complained to the manager the next day, and I was told that the entire floor wasn't non smoking, but people shouldn't be smoking in the hall. She then offered us another room for the rest of our stay. I accepted, and was elated and surprised to find out that we had been upgraded to a suite, complete with a jacuzzi.

This motel has a few problems, mainly the parking, but the actions of the manager in wanting to rectify the situation, impressed me, and I would go back again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

The staff were very friendly from check in to check out. Very helpful with places to go for dinner. The breakfast room is a bit small, but the food was very good. Plenty of choices and the coffee was hot and delicious. Will stay here again when we visit the casino.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Detroit
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Wife and I stayed here one night during a trip east. Room was comfortable and overall good. Bed was comfortable and room had modern amenities. Location is close to Tanger Outlets and Meadows Casino.
Our problem came with the "sour rag" smell in the bathroom, which we noticed as soon as we stepped in the room. Smelled like the floor had been mopped with a dirty, smelly mop. Called the front desk and they didn't have another room to move us to. SO, the desk clerk brought a mop, bucket and disinfectant up to the room and mopped the bathroom floor and sprayed some deodorizer. That seemd to help. Only problem was that when we got up in the morning and were rushing to leave, the bathroom smelled just as bad. It was then that I realized the smell was in the tub/shower surround. Evidently it had been wiped down with a dirty rag. I ended up using a hand towel and shampoo to wipe down the walls, which pretty much eliminated the smell.
The night clerk had knocked 10% off the bill, and complaint to the Manager at checkout got us another 10%.
Free breakfast was nothing to rave about. Standard fare, assortment of fruits, pastries, dry cereal. Scrambled eggs like freeze dried pebbles. Greasy sausage patties. Nice waffle station.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

The front desk staff was nice at check in, the rooms were clean.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ronnie S
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

Beware if you stay here. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn when we are in the area, but it was full so we settled for this hotel. The hotel itself is okay. Here's the problem, and it's a BIG ONE. The majority of this hotel's business is from drivers of very large trucks. They are parked all over the hotel's parking lot which leaves limited space for other guests to park. We got in late and drove all around the lot and found only one parking space left due to the numerous very large trucks in the lot. We took the last spot available which was rather close to two of these trucks, but they had plenty of room to get out. The next morning when we checked out we saw that the side of our car had been hit and actually moved several feet from it's original location. The trucks that were parked near us were gone as were all the large trucks parking there. We informed the manager of the hit and run accident in the hotel's parking lot and called the police to report the hit and run accident. They came and gave us a report. Here's the part that I can't get over. The manager knew exactly who drove the truck that hit our car. She did give us the name of the company, but not the driver's name or license plate number which is required information at check in. We called the company and, of course they denied that their driver was responsible. So we had to report the accident to our insurance company and pay the $500.00 deductible. And had to drive our damaged car for the rest of our trip. My husband and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn near the Comfort Inn and drove by at night to see if the company's trucks were parked there. The answer is YES!!!!!!!! We counted at least 15 large trucks in their parking lot. These are regular customers that give the Comfort Inn regular business and therefore preferential treatment. Don't risk getting your car damaged while staying at this hotel There are several other hotels to choose from in the area.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple