“Great small town place to eat ”
Review of Airport Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Airport Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in Waynesburg
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in today for lunch. As with most things a decent review needs to be in context. For us this was exactly what we expected. No frills, straight forward atmosphere, surrounding and food. If you need pampered or catered to a small country town may not be the right choice. If you like to get off the beaten path and find the not so obvious local spots, this is a nice choice. You are in a building with the airport office, magistrate and the restaurant all off the same main entrance. We took a table that looks right onto the runway. Sadly no planes took off or landed. We waited a bit but once waited on drinks came quickly and stayed filled. The menu is small, as it should be, but had some nice choices. I'm a sucker for a diner hot open faced sandwiches so I ordered the roast beef and fries. This was a good solid sandwich. Not the sliced deli meat you sometimes get served. This was like mom made Sunday pot roast and shredded it into a sandwich and covered it with gravy. My son ordered the turkey hot sandwich and it was similar. Both were done well, moist, tender, flavorful and filling. We also ordered the coleslaw with was exactly what I wanted in a diner with its mayonnaise based sauce. I would definitely stop back here on my way past. Leave your suit and skirt at home, put on a pair of jeans, relax and give it a try is my recommendation.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank emacnpa

Reviewed November 3, 2016

Based on a local recommendation, we tried the Airport Restaurant for some local hometown style cooking. A wide variety of breakfast choices, soups, sandwiches and daily specials offered many options. We opted for two different breakfast choices and each came prepared just as requested. The eggs were perfect, bacon cooked just right, breads for toast were unusually tasty. The seating is very simple and we were at one end of a long line of tables which turned out to be a popular place for local men who join one another on a regular basis. All their sandwiches looked very large....one ham sandwich had meat at least 3/4 inch outside the bun all around. A special treat are the homemade pies and cakes baked by a local resident and delivered twice a week...a wide variety of cream and fruit flavors, real meringue, yummy pecan...we just did not have time to try them all. Prices are reasonable, so all around a great place to visit.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

The Airport Restaurant is a gem of a place for breakfast or lunch as it closes at 3:00 P.M. The place is small and a favorite of locals. The food is delicious and homemade. There are a variety of breakfasts and many sandwiches and salads for lunch. The homemade pies are to die for. Get there early or they'll be gone. The restaurant overlooks the runway. You might be lucky enough to see a plane land! The service is great, too.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Traveling from out of town and I wanted to take something to my Moms for Christmas dinner so I called ahead and ordered a butterscotch and peanut butter pie. They were EXCELLENT! Also, please try their garbage plates! LOVE it!

Date of visit: December 2013