“Great pad thai in a slightly out of the way place”
Review of Baan Thai

Baan Thai
Ranked #106 of 258 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I love thai food, but live out here in chester county. Instead of driving to center city or the mainline I was pleased to find this. I had pad thai- great job- sizable shrimp. Also had chicken spring rolls. I had take out- but will bring my husband back Also the hours listed here on this website are wrong. Be sure to call for hours.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

This place is one of our frequently visited restaurants in the area. We eat here about once a week. For appetizers we enjoy sharing the Baan Thai Platter and the Chicken Lettuce Wraps. By now, we've tried most of their entrees and have enjoyed most of them. A particularly good value is their special dinners and also the Noodle Bowls, which are entre-size bowls of soup, chock full of tasty ingredients. We also like that this place is BYO and does not charge a corkage fee.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Friends suggested this place on the south side of w. Chester - Rt 52.. Food was great and the place crowded so it met many people's needs. Service was just ok. But if in need of good Thai I'd recommend finding it.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I was working nearby and it was cold and rainy so I figured a little thai spice would keep me warm. The restaurant is part of a stip mall and is clean and well decorated. I picked one of their lunch specials which n includes soup an app and the entree. The Tom yum soup had some nice spice mushrooms and chicken and I really enjoyed it. The gyoza was great and the ponzu sauce was full of flavor. My entree was the Thai basil chicken and was a generous portion and also was a little spicy but not over the top. I enjoy spicy food and this could have been a little hotter. The meal was just over $10 with tax and is definently worth a try.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

My wife called in a pick-up order on the telephone almost an hour and a half in advance of our pick-up time. No pressure. Only the best expectations.

I arrived on-time, not early, for the pick-up and waited behind two others who had just arrived before me. Their orders were not fully prepared yet, but I waited patiently without asking if my order was already complete and waiting for me. I saw they were busy there and wanted to be considerate.

Then it was my turn. I simply said I was picking-up an order placed by my wife. Suddenly, the woman behind the counter barked at me that there was no telephone order from my wife. She then tried to tell me that my order was placed 'on-line', which it wasn't. It seems there was an on-line order sitting there for a while for someone with a name similar to my wife's name. Then the woman at the counter states more times that we did not call in an order. Finally, she hands me a cryptic handwritten order with no name on it and asks if that is my order. I call my wife and we quickly determine that order is also not ours.

The countrer woman again says she did not receive our order while she is shuffling through all the orders that have been filled. I see our order there and finally the woman realizes that they gave our order away to the person who had made the on-line order that was still waiting there. I am then TOLD that I will have to wait 30 minutes for my order!

AND the woman calls the person who had mistakenly been given my order and SCOLDS the customer on the phone for taking the wrong order and for not telling them that they had ordered on-line. She gets off the phone and barks at me again that I will have to wait 30 minutes! I said, sorry, 30 minutes is just too long to wait (knowing full well an order like ours for a family of 4 could be expedited in 15 minutes). On my way out she sarcastically yells 'thank you' to me.

All this time, I was quite cool and never insisting, as I saw she was in a very bad mood. But berating me and the other customer is terrible business. I don't care that they are convenient to where I live nor whether or not the food is good. I have never been treated like this at any store or restaurant. Shockingy bad behavior.

2  Thank profdrbobrt