“Great Local Place”
Review of High Street Caffe

High Street Caffe
Reserve with OpenTable
High Street Caffe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 285 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dean Street
Reviewed May 21, 2018

4 of us went here on Friday night without a reservation. We arrived around 6:30pm and were seated right away. After about 30 minutes, I was really glad that we had arrived when we did because the place really filled up quickly.
Our server, Richard (and the other people helping), took very good care of us from start to finish. He even brought me a small boat of the gumbo to taste as I had never been to this restaurant and wanted to give it a try.
Now to the best part ... the food. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals - I had the crab cakes which were delicious, my wife had a spinach/blue cheese/watermelon salad which was delicious as well. I can't remember what the others had, but they all loved it.
I can't wait to go back and try some of their more cajun-inspired dishes, I'm sure they will be great!

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped in on a whim, while passing through. Everything was so delicious. Great service too.I wish we lived closer. Definitely will be back if I am in the area.

Reviewed February 5, 2018

High Street is one of our go to spots. Food is outstanding and I always have a difficult time deciding between the specials - and if you didn't like any of those the tuna, jambalaya, gumbo, salmon, anything blackened and alligator bites will definitely impress your palate. Save room for the bananas foster too.

Reviewed January 29, 2018

I'd love to write a new review of the food (which I've had before and IS excellent) but after waiting 40 minutes past our reservation time this weekend, when finally our table was given away to a higher profile party than us, we decided to leave and eat somewhere else. The only thing worse than a restaurant that cannot manage their seating schedule, is one who ignores you and feels no compulsion to acknowledge your very existence within their hallowed walls.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had breakfast here. The coffee was superb as was the breakfast sandwich. Great service too!