“Good indian food”

Star of India Incorporated
Ranked #120 of 260 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed 12 January 2015

We've only done pick up, never sat here, so can only comment on the food. Flavors are good, curry is rich and yummy. Chicken Bhunna is my favorite. Tikka Massala is good but too spicy (although we asked for it to not be spicy). Portions are big

1  Thank Helenelfa

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had dinner here for the first time and it was terrific! My husband and I enjoy Indian food and this place does a great job! Their prices are also very reasonable. We had the Chicken Paluk (same thing as Saag) and the Makni Chicken. Both were delicious! Their Mulligatawny soup was also very good. We asked for medium and it was just right for me. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

In the overpriced restaurant scene that is the Borough of West Chester is a gem of an eatery...Star of India serves consistently good authentic Indian food at a welcoming fair price. It was my first introduction to Indian food years ago and hasn't disappointed since. Great selections.....lots and varied. Can hardly wait to visit again.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Based on the reviews, my wife and I tried this restaurant last week. I should preface my opinion by stating we are both English and had many years of great curries in the UK. Based on those experiences, as well as curries in other restaurants in the US, we found the food here medicore. My wife thought the food was too salty and I thought the curry didnt contain enough meat - there were more filler veggies instead. whilst it was good to try and reasonably priced, we wont be back in a hurry.

1  Thank PaulH57
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This was our first time at Star of India, and we were pleasantly surprised. Many of the restaurants in this area are overpriced for the quality of food received, and this place is a definite exception. Everything we ordered was very good to excellent. I have no idea how these folks do it, but they were born to make delicious food. On top of that, the prices are completely reasonable. The only piece of constructive criticism I could offer is to speed up the checkout process. In any event, this is easily one of our top picks in West Chester.