“Excellent, authentic Indian cuisine”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Star of India Incorporated
Ranked #94 of 274 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed March 2, 2017

We should have had a reservation in this college town: Indian cuisine is very popular! However the hosts found us a table almost immediately, and warned us that there would be a wait for the food as it was all cooked from scratch, not precooked.
It was well worth the wait. The food was flavourful, freshly cooked, breads were crisp, and more than a step above most of the best Indian restaurants in the US. Star of India was a gem of a find.Parking was on the street, but easy to find a space close to the restaurant. It is in the downtown West Chester area, and close to all amenities, including the University as well as other top class restaurants. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 8, 2016

My fiance and I visited the Star of India restaurant tonight and had a wonderful time. We were greeted by Simmi, the owner's daughter who seated us immediately and was very polite. Throughout our meal, she came over to ask if we needed wine glasses for the wine we brought (it is a BYOB restaurant), and periodically checked on us to ask if we needed anything. The restaurant is small, which adds to it's cozy atmosphere. We have never had Indian cuisine before, and were pleasantly surprised with the preparation that went into each dish. You get a great bang for your buck, and I would definitely recommend this for any date night or family meal.

Reviewed September 10, 2015

Was looking forward to enjoying a meal at Star of India this evening. Disappointed to find that the restaurant was not open. Sign indicated that it was open from 5PM on. No sign on the door stating that it was closed.

Reviewed January 12, 2015

We've only done pick up, never sat here, so can only comment on the food. Flavors are good, curry is rich and yummy. Chicken Bhunna is my favorite. Tikka Massala is good but too spicy (although we asked for it to not be spicy). Portions are big

1  Thank Helenelfa
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We had dinner here for the first time and it was terrific! My husband and I enjoy Indian food and this place does a great job! Their prices are also very reasonable. We had the Chicken Paluk (same thing as Saag) and the Makni Chicken. Both were delicious! Their Mulligatawny soup was also very good. We asked for medium and it was just right for me. I would recommend this restaurant.