“Firecracker shrimp cavatapi”

Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in West Mifflin
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love the spicy shrimp dishes such as the appetizer one and the firecracker cavatappi. I’m deeply disappointed that they’re not on the menu whenever I go back during any time of spring and summer at the least. It’s been almost an entire year since I’ve had the firecracker cavatappi and I really want it back!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed June 12, 2018

We had two $25 gift cards that we wanted to use up, so we decided to splurge and also order appetizers in addition to our main dishes. We were shocked to see the bill to be more than $60--and when we added the tip it came to $75: for lunch! For lunch!! Although the portions were more than usual, and the food was good, it still wasn't worth that price. (It was a good thing we had enough food because afterwards we were broke and couldn't eat anything else that day!) There's plenty of other choices very close by, and believe me, the next time we're in the neighborhood we will choose another. We want to leave the restaurant with some money left in the pocketbook.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

I really wanted a combo with ribs and shrimp skewers, but was not available. I ordered the 6 0z. steak and shrimp skewers with crunchy shrimp. The skewer in the menu should normal sized shrimp. The ones I got were the size of a quarter. The steak was tough. Best thing in the plate was the mashed potatoes. Won't be going back

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 10, 2018

The place was packed -- so I presume that was the reason for the staff's unfriendly attitude. I came in to order a take-out meal since I was only traveling through the area. After asking me what I wanted to order without even providing a menu, it was pretty much downhill from there. :-) The wait staff seemed to make such a big production of everything and when I did not answer their questions to their satisfaction they had an 'attitude' - and I probably returned the favor. :-) The food was good - so overall - I'd give them an average rating -- but a little smile would have gone a long way.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed December 22, 2017

Went to Applebee's today for lunch. It wasn't crowed. We ordered our usual two for $25. Steak with a potato. Last time we had it it was dry. Well today we again ordered it and it was dry this time and just had no flavor at all. Almost tasted like it was boiled. Mine had a thick layer of fat up the side too. I guess they just don't make good steak there. I had a gift card and still have more on it so I guess when I go again I will just play it safe and get a burger. There isn't much you can do to mess up a burger. The waitress never came around except to give us our food and check. I didn't leave her much of a tip either. I could see if it were busy but when it is slow you should expect better service.

Date of visit: December 2017