Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-05-20
Priceline
Free cancellation until 21-05-20
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
Expedia.comUS$87
HurbUS$87
Hotels.comUS$87
All reviews eggs front desk free breakfast bacon lake harmony bagels parking lot side great stay off the highway nice size exercise room first floor beds were comfortable pool and hot tub jim thorpe weekend mcdonalds
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2020

I do not write many reviews. The place either has to be really good or really bad for me to take time and write. I felt obligated to share my experience with Holiday Inn in Poconos.
The hotel we normally stay in the area was all booked, so I decided to give Holiday Inn a try.
First, we walked into room 106 and I went to turn on the heat and saw that heater was covered in mold. I called the front desk and they gave us another room.
Next room was 229. We walked into the room and went to wash our hands and saw that there were no towels. Tissue box was left empty also. So I called the front desk and told them that they must have forgotten to give us towels and tissues. Then I look at the floor and it clearly was not even vacuumed at all with trash laying around. I have never seen anything like that. I understand it is a 2 start hotel, but to be this dirty? Carpets in hallways do not look like they have been vacuumed in a long time as well. And if they didn't even bother to clean the visible stuff, what kind of disinfecting and extra cleaning do you think they are doing to prevent spread of Covid? None!
They gave us another room, I tried not to look anywhere and just go to sleep. Upon waking up I saw a bug bite on my neck. I am so hoping it is not bed bugs. I could not wait to get out of that place fast enough.

Room tip: There are none
Date of stay: December 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites White Haven - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2021

Hi karibova,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your most recent stay.

We ensure that we deliver fresh, practical, and efficient accommodations for a smart traveler like you. What you described is not a reflection of this, and we're sorry for the letdowns. I have sent you a private message to discuss this further and get more information to assist you better.

Hoping for your prompt response.

Regards,

Virgil N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 27, 2020 via mobile

My stay was good. Room was ready when I got there in the evening. Clean, spacious room. Hand sanitizer around the common areas. I was nervous due to the proximity to the NE Ext of the Turnpike and 80 but I did not hear a sound. I was an odd number room which was on the lobby/parking lot side. Even numbers are closed to the highways. The only complaint I had was the people across the hall had two rooms next to each other and were in and out of the doors. Their doors squeaked every time they were opened. I let the front desk know upon check out that they needed a little WD40 and she thanked me for letting me know and that they can’t fix it if they don’t know about it (which is the only reason I mentioned it). Not too far to Jim Thorpe, Hickory Run SP and Lehigh Gorge SP. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Lauren Paisley, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites White Haven - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2020

Thank you So much for your review. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed September 6, 2020 via mobile

We stayed here on a week day it was still very busy. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfast was nicely done in brown paper bags with breakfast sandwiches and goodies. The only issue was that they were backed up with laundry and we did not get towels until the next morning. The room was not completely made up so we had couple of trips from houses keeping. The front desk was not well informed about the state parks and had nothing to share.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank archlav
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites White Haven - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2020

Hello archlav,

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving a review. While I am happy that you found the rooms comfortable and that you enjoyed breakfast, I am sorry to hear about housekeeping service. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with management for review to take necessary actions to address these concerns.

I hope you give us a chance to host you again in the future.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 15, 2020 via mobile

The stay here was pleasant and relaxing, the rooms was clean and comfortable! Breakfast was pleasant! Check in was ok and the hotel itself was modern and clean. The hotel location was convenient! The hotel was 20 minutes from the shopping outlet, the Crossings! Also horseback riding was five minutes away!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Holidayinn18661, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites White Haven - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2020

Thank you for your review, We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Great stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the White Haven/Lake Harmony area!

We had 8 people total traveling (4 adults and 4 tweens/teens).
Upon arrival, our rooms were ready for check-in. Check-in staff only had one person working but this is not a large hotel, so there is no need for additional front desk staff. The lady checking us in was extremely friendly and helpful.
The rooms were a nice size, clean and modern. The beds were comfortable and the option of 4 pillows per bed was great! Both rooms had a mini-fridge, microwave and k-cup coffee machine.
The indoor pool and hot tub were a nice addition (we didn't use the exercise room but it was available). The pool and hot tub were clean and fairly busy but other guests were considerate and always made room for anyone wanting to join. If you're a morning person, you can have the pool and hot tub to yourself for a few hours!
Our family travels a good bit and the free parking, free wifi, and free breakfast was also a great and welcome addition!
The daily hot breakfast included oatmeal, at least one type of eggs, french toast, at least one type of meat (sausage and/or bacon), pastries, bagels, fresh cinnamon buns, hand fruit, 3 types of cold cereal, multiple flavors of yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, multiple milk options (including chocolate), multiple juice options, tea and coffee.
The ice machine was a little difficult to find on the first floor (it's in with the washing machine and dryer).
The location of the hotel was great! Just off the highway and a short distance to everything we had on our agenda!
The only con was that upon our arrival, there was an extremely heavy smell of weed in the hallway leading to our room (you couldn't smell it in our room thankfully, since we had children traveling with us).

All in all, this hotel was a steal at the price we paid for the weekend!! We'd highly suggest it to others and on future trips to the Poconos, this will be our first option for lodging.

Room tip: Book here!!
Date of stay: January 2020
Holidayinn18661, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites White Haven - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2020

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Express & Suites White Haven, We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next stay!