I booked my stay at Mount Laurel before reading any reviews. A week before going, I checked the reviews and panicked. We expected a broken down, decrepit and dirty place. Instead we found a quiet, spacious place located in a good spot. Based on the reviews, I packed my own linen, disinfecting wipes and prepared to leave the next day. Instead I found an older but clean resort with friendly staff. Admittedly, my expectations were incredibly low and this was a very inexpensive getaway through Interval, but my husband and I had a great time.
If you intend to spend most of your vaction in your room, I would not recommend this resort. If your intend to be out and about and want easy access to activities in the Poconos, you should be fine. We had one bedroom with two bathrooms, an extra sink, a kitchenette and livingroom. It was just the two of us, so we have so much room. We were able to get ready at the same time because we had two bathrooms. We did not cook in our room (we never do), but other guests did and everything seemed to be fine.
There is an indoor and outdoor pool, gym, spa and activities room. We went on the self-directed nature trail on the property (we did not see much because of the time of the year) and had fun walking. The stable is closed for the season.
Bottom line - If you require luxury accomodations, then this is not the place for you. If you are open minded and are looking for somewhere to sleep and get ready to go out and see the Poconos, then you should be fine. I don't know that I would want to spend a full week - Friday to Monday was find for us (really more about the Poconos at this time of the year rather than the resort). If you have kids, there is a pool and other activities depending on the season and you have access to Split Rock. I would stay there again. My two stars is not really for "poor", it's jus a little below what I consider average as far as accommodations go.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Laurel Hotel White Haven
- Mountain Laurel Resort And Spa
- Mountain Laurel White Haven
- Mountain Laurel Resort Spa