“Avg”

Amore
Ranked #51 of 101 Restaurants in Whitehall
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed October 7, 2014 via mobile

This place is nice inside and I got a good vibe that the food would be good, but I was wrong. I order baked ziti and stuffed shells. My wife baked ziti was bland and needed more sauce. For $14 I got 4 stuffed shells, I just just expected more but maybe that's the avg portion. That was also bland and one of the shells were undercooked. My wife took the sauce from my order and tried to eat the ziti but maybe took the most 5 bites. Probably won't be coming back

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I got there right when they opened for the day. We were greeted and seated right away. We got the Mediterranean Feast and the Frutte Di Marre. Both were amazing and the portion sizes were large enough that we took some home! The garlic bread you get earn first seated was also delicious! The staff is attentive and kind! We will definitely be returning in the near future!

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Good food. Terrible customer service. We presented our waitress with our groupon at the start of our meal and she said she would accept it at the end. We ordered and enjoyed our meal, bill ended up being $56 for 4 people. When we handed her the groupon she stated she would not be able to accept it as we did not order 4 entrees. No where on the groupon did it say that -and she did not inform us of that fact when we ordered knowing we had the groupon. What was listed on the groupon: "Expires 150 days after purchase. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Not valid with any other specials. Not valid on Valentine's Day. Closed on Mondays." No where are there ANY stipulations about entrees. She said she would need to phone her manager. Then a male comes to our table and expressed arrogantly that he did not care what the groupon stated, they would lose money if they did not apply to entrees and that it was groupon's fault as they wrote the terms wrong (?!) What kind of customer service is that? I asked him how did that end up being our fault. I'm not sure where blaming the customer is good business. I can't imagine this place will last long if this is how they treat their customers. Otherwise for this exchange we would have likely returned and dined at this establishment again. Now I'm telling all my associates to stay away.

Date of visit: August 2013
2  Thank whereaminow77
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Fantastic. Food is great. Reasonable prices. Great staff. Owner Noelle is very personable. Everything about this place is top notch. Byob but if u forget there's a liquor store next door or they'll treat you to a free glass of wine! Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went to Amore for a dinner recently and had what I would call an average meal experience. The earlier review spoke to the noise in the main dining area....and he is right, it was loud. The tile floor means everything echoes all over. The dining area has a little bit of a fast food feel to it.
Our food was basically good, nice sauce...but a little stingy in terms of things like the shrimp. The service was slow and inconsistent. We had to keep on reminding our server to bring stuff, she didn't swing by our table for almost the entire meal. I'd say value is good in terms of prices; being a BYOB helps with the bottomline too.
The place is new, it's only been open for a year or so. Things like service and noise can be fixed.

Date of visit: September 2012

Been to Amore? Share your experiences!