1,123 results
All reviewsstreamside roomoutdoor barbeautiful streamtower roombrick ovenshogun restaurantdance clubhuge hot tublive bandmade to order omeletsbridal suitewooded areasushigreat weekendpool and jacuzzibreakfast buffetfree shuttle to the casino
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stay here for business every other month. The front desk and staff are always professional and accommodating. Wifi access everywhere is a nice recent addition. I prefer the stream-side and inner-facing rooms to the tower. Good food, and good cocktails, is readily available. Beds are very comfortable. I like it here.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I spent three weeks at this hotel for business. It was wonderful to have a two restaurants to choose from, laundry facilities, and a fantastic hot tub at my disposal!. The staff at the hotel is top notch! So friendly and helpful. There is an active night life on the weekends at the hotel, so keep that in mind. Everyone was professional and made me feel at home.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed in the Tower in Room 446. The bed was comfortable and although the room was very small, it was cozy. There is only 1 chair by the desk, other than that, you have to sit on the bed to read or watch TV. The bathroom was small, but laid out well with a shower large enough to fit 2 (no bathtub). The only thing in the bathroom was there was no where to put your toiletries. There was room to put a small cabinet with a solid top on the right side of when you entered the bathroom which would have been great. In order to put on my makeup and use my curling iron, I had to put down the bowl lid, put a towel on it, and rest my items there. That was a negative. Also the only amenties were shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, not even a shower cap.

The selection of restaurants in the hotel are extremely limited especially if you are not into Japanese dining. The other restaurant is also very limited and leaves a very lot to be desired for breakfast. They either have a buffet which is just ok, or you can pick from a limited selection and bring it to your small room and eat at the desk or the nightstand. This needs some addressing.

The stair entrance to the Jacuzzi Room and the Pool are very poor lit and eerie. This area should definitely have more lighting. The jacuzzi room is absolutely one of the best I had ever been in. Large, warm, comfortable sofa's and chairs and lovely decor. Unfortunately, when I went there on Saturday around 3:30 PM it had 5 children under the age of 10 in there unattended---no adult and they were splashing, diving, screaming, bouncing off the furniture, tossing towels, etc. I could not believe that management would allow this and obviously there was no attendant nor a closed circuit TV so that someone could have monitored this. I am sure this was an insurance violation, security issue, along with several other violations. Needless to say, I did not stay in there, but when I did return on Sunday around Noon, there were 2 adults in there and it was extremely pleasant.

The indoor pool is very nice, but also very dark and not cheery. There are not enough lounge chairs and most of all, the pool is not heated and the water was extremely cold and uncomfortable. Although I selected this hotel because I love to swim, I did not go in the pool at all. There was an attendant at the pool who was very nice and was attentive. Another issue was that there is water all over the floor of the steps when you enter this area and all around the pool which is not mopped up or attended to. It is very slippery and hazardous.

The front parking lot is ok, but a section of it is mud. There is construction going on, so I guess when that is complete, they will redo the parking lot.

The have great entertainment and the nightclub is wonderful with lots of atmosphere with the dance floor overlooking the waterfalls---very nice.

Definitely ask for a room in the Tower as it is very comfortable, and quiet. I got the impression that there were mostly couples in that area which made it nice if you wanted to sleep a little later in the morning and if you wanted to rest.

If you stay in the other areas of the hotel, with the entertainment playing, it is very noisy.

The front desk, chamber maids, staff and security are wonderful and very attentive and helpful. Our stay was ok, but way beyond our expectations. Would I stay here---only if they made some of the improvements that I mentioned. If Mohegan Sun builds a Hotel, they will defintely need to improve The Woodlands.

Room Tip: Tower Room - high floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janie51
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The updated and remodel has done wonders for the Woodlands. Shogun Restaurant served fantastic food. I had the habichi veg. with spicy crab rolls as an app.

I suggest the hotel address the length of the shower curtain before they end up with water damage on the floor of the bathroom in room 191. The current curtain appears to be about an inch to high and allows water to bounce on the floor from the shower.

Otherwise, comfort was remarkable.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

When checking in alot of people in lobby... Drunk and load!!!!!!!! No parking had to park in the back lot....Our room was nice.BUT the tv shuts off after 15 minutes of being on...Than NO hot water for showers...just warm....... The front desk clerks were useless!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank tmzmet1
Kelly N, Corporate Sales at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - I'm sorry that your guest experience with us did not meet your expectations. Please contact me at your convenience, I would like to take a few minutes to discuss your stay with us in more detail, and hopefully rectify the situation. I can be reached by phone at 800.762.2222 extension 345, or by email at Kelly@thewoodlandsresort.com

Thank you.