All reviewsbreakfast buffethot tubbeautiful hotelwould stay here againyogurtnice poolsitting arearecommend staying herefire pitgreat place to stayexercise roomfitness centerfront desk staffking bedone night stayexcellent staythe mohegan sun casino
Reviewed April 25, 2016

Had a fourth floor room for a business trip. Hotel was clean and very nice. Front Desk staff was very nice and greeted me warmly. I used the small fitness room they had with a couple of ellipticals two treadmills and some free weights. They have a indoor pool that I did not utilize. The Wildflowers Bistro in the hotel was excellent food, a little on the pricey side ($9 Ceasar Salad, $26 Smoked Salmon with Maple Glaze) but I think worth it. Room was clean, modern and very nicely set up, desk, bed, sitting area. No mini fridge but you can ask for one (a mini fridge/microwave combo) not sure if there is a charge. Wasn't able to take advantage of the breakfast as work required me to leave before breakfast was served. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank David S
Ed M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2016

Hello David S,

I'm pleased you enjoyed the salmon dish--did you know that our maple glaze is straight from our Pennsylvania forests? It seems as though you enjoyed our hotel, but as you noted, we do have a very large indoor swimming pool, and sauna, so bring along your swim gear.

Many thanks for your business, and for you very kind rating.

Reviewed April 23, 2016

I was a road warrior needing a place to drop late one night and I booked online with this hotel. It was exceptional. The bar and food (Bistro) available at 9:45 pm - fresh salad with the chicken still warm and a bar drink. Very satisfactory. The rooms were typical Holiday Inn but seemed very fresh and clean. It was hard to get a good cell phone signal in the room and I had to stand near the window, but that would be my only complaint. Bed was large and comfortable and the rooms quiet. Breakfast was fancier and heavily staffed then was typical in most Holiday Inns. I didn't like the voucher system as most HI are just show up and eat and I forgot mine in the room. But none of my little things diminished my grading of this establishment. I think it was about $120 a night and i stayed on the 6th floor. I would definitely stay again - I did not use any of the other amenities. Wi-fi was free but I am a Holiday inn member.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Ed M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2016

Hello Chicago!

Thank you for stopping in. I'm sorry you had a tough time with your cell signal, but I'm glad you were able to still be in touch. (It should be noted that the view out the window, whichever way you were facing is pretty nice!) Overall though, it pleases all of us at the team here that your stay helped you feel good about our Holiday Inn family of hotels. We do strive here to be the very best, and I'm glad you consider us ambassadors for the brand.

Reviewed April 12, 2016 via mobile

I have a relationship of over 20 years with this hotel and have previously left them stellar reviews. Generally, they have always been a cut above with superior accomodations and excellent customer service. However, I recently had a less than perfect stay. When I arrived, I was informed that the suite I booked and pre-paid for was occupied by someone else. Needless to say, I was not happy. Charlie at the front desk arranged to put me in a room which they comped for the first night. Charlie said that they would transfer me to the suite for the second day of my stay and provide assistance with luggage. This seemed like a reasonable outcome. I was promised by the manager that they would look into what happened so that it wouldn't occur again. They even moved a refrigerator and microwave into the room because the room didn't have that amenity. However, on the next day the promised transfer never occurred. When I got my bill slid under the door, they did indeed comp the first day of my stay. However, they charged me for the suite for the second day. Since I never got the suite, it would have been better if the charge had of been for a room instead. So all in all, I was less than completely satisfied this time around. I have some concern that future reservations might not be properly held.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Ed M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2016

Hello,

First of all, let me say thank you for your years of patronage. I know what it's like to be very loyal to a trusted provider, and, I also know how I feel when that provider trips up. Looks like we did, and I appreciate the opportunity to make it right. Feel free to contact me (Ed), or our Front Office Manager, (Kristen) directly when you book again. We certainly never want to let anyone down. We are the same faces that you've come to know and trust for many years, and we want to get it right for you, 100% of the time.

Many Thanks,
ed

Reviewed April 11, 2016 via mobile

Scenic property! Amazing views! Beautiful. Countryside! Decent service
Only downside - same breakfast everyday! Tad boring esp during long stays - be prepared for the casserole everyday!

Stayed here in October / November 2014 and Jan 2015

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Ed M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2016

Hello Ajay!

Thanks for the kind review. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel, and hope to see you back. Yeah, I can get where you are coming from on the breakfast. I see that you stayed here some time ago. You really should come back sometime soon! Our breakfast has since been expanded since January, 2015, and includes more items. Variety is always a bit of a challenge for breakfast though, as most guests don't stay here but for a few nights, so, someone staying three months might find a bit of repetition. However, we will keep that in mind for guests who are staying for a long time and try to shake it up a bit for them.

Thanks again! (come back, really!)

Reviewed April 10, 2016

Stayed there for a show at the Arena, when I called to see about the shuttle I was told they only go to the casino, however when I checked in I overheard they were running a shuttle and we grabbed the last 2 seats!! The room was beautiful, nice view and the food at the Bistro was wonderful!!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Ed M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2016

Hello Steph,

Glad you enjoyed the hotel, and the show. Yes, we do run the shuttle to the Arena on an irregular basis, usually when there are events, but also when we can reasonably accomplish it. There are times, due to traffic restrictions, that this is not achievable or realistic, hence why we don't publish it. So, you had a nice pleasant surprise!

Hope to see you again!