All reviews office building front desk room was clean pancake machine corner room would stay here again sized bed short drive mini fridge and microwave we've stayed night's sleep free breakfast parking lot fresh fruit the mohegan sun casino non smoking room shuttle service
Reviewed November 15, 2016

Stayed here for the Patti Labelle Concert and this place was perfect. Check in went smoothly, front desk was nice and helpful, also side note, this place looks like they just remodeled it! Beautiful view above street level so no noise and commotion, just a beautiful view of the city and Valley. Will definitely book here again. Not far from Casino, and breakfast is amazing. Even had potatoes! Step up from the rest. Ciao!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Michael N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2016

Hello AmericanEagle89,

Thank you for staying with us & thank you for your feedback! We hope you enjoyed your concert & glad you chose us. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 14, 2016

Our room looked tired and could use a good updating. While the staff interaction was good, the room itself just did not sparkle as most HIE rooms do. The breakfast room was alright, but at 9:00 AM, 3 of 5 coffee urns were empty, and only ones on the upper level had coffee.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello ScouterPaul,

Thank you for staying with us at our Holiday Inn Express of Wilkes Barre. We are working hard to improve upon the areas you mentioned. We do have our Wi-Fi internet upgrade due to be completed by the end of this month. We also are upgrading all rooms with 43" TV's! The fitness center is set to be upgraded within the next year. We appreciate your feedback. Please feel to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because we were going to a concert at the Mohegan Sun. The hotel even had a shuttle that goes thee which can help because parking at the casino is tight. Great pool hot tub and Sauna. Nice breakfast. Convenient to I81

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Michael N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2016

Hello Susan S,

We appreciate you choosing our Holiday Inn Express for your recent visit to Wilkes Barre. We are committed to our guests overall satisfaction. We hope to welcome you again during your next visit. It is our pleasure to serve you.

Thank you!

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

As the title states, whenever I stay here it's a good stay. The Front End staff has seemed to have changed since the last time I've been here however they still seem friendly.

Rooms are comfortable and typical of a Holiday Inn Express. You know what to expect when staying here.

My biggest gripe was that the Hotel Wi-Fi was down during my stay which caused a little grief since the hotel was in a Cellphone dead spot. This didn't allow me to get some work done when situated in the room. The room didn't offer a Ethernet Port either to get a hard wired connection.

The gym is a little lacking. It's probably the only gripe I have about the establishment.

Breakfast is good however I found on multiple occasions that they were always wrapping up breakfast 30-45mins early. When inquiring about if any additional food was to be put out, it felt as if you got an attitude.

Downsides aside, I'll be staying here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Hello Matthew B,

We appreciate your feedback & loyalty to our Holiday Inn Express of Wilkes Barre. We want you to know that your comments & suggestions are taken seriously. We are working hard to improve upon the areas you mentioned. We do have our Wi-Fi internet upgrade due to be completed by the end of this month. We also are upgrading all rooms with 43" TV's! The fitness center is set to be upgraded within the next year. Thank you for telling us what we are doing right and how we can improve. Please feel to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

My wife and I stayed at the property on October 1, 2016.My wife is a Manger at a sister property with IHG in the DC area. It was a very positive stay beginning with the front desk at check in. Thomas Sabetta Jr.was outstanding with his customer service and professionalism! He made our stay comfortable. The entire staff was outstanding, our room was CLEAN and cozy and the breakfast was excellent. We were up visiting family and we will stay at this property each and every time we are in the Wilkes Barre Area. I strongly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Tom S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2016

Michael R,

It was a pleasure accommodating you and your wife. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with our hotel and saw how great our staff truly is. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!