All reviews office building front desk room was clean pancake machine corner room would stay here again sized bed short drive mini fridge and microwave we've stayed night's sleep free breakfast parking lot fresh fruit the mohegan sun casino non smoking room shuttle service
Reviewed January 5, 2017

The staff was very friendly. No problems there. The facility is somewhat dated. The mattress w a s worn and the room looked like the maid had given it only a half-hearted attempt at cleaning. The toilet had been used and not flushed which made me wonder if the sheets had been changed.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Michael N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Hello James B,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Wilkes-Barre. We appreciate your valued feedback which we can use to help improve our guests overall experience. We are working hard to better serve you in the future. Please contact a member of management on property if you have any questions or concerns. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 19, 2016

This hotel is conveniently located near both Mohegan Sun Casino and the arena. It is also easy to access the major highways from the property. The only weird part is the winding access road that takes you to the hotel. Just follow the signs and you will be fine. The room was very clean and offered all the amenities a person would need. The bed was comfortable, but it was a little noisy. Breakfast was delicious and offered plenty of options. The only negative was customer service. When I returned from visiting the casino, I asked if I could get a carton of milk, which was just feet away in the breakfast area. I was even willing to pay for it if need be. Unfortunately, I was told this was not available, which was disappointing. I also saw a staff member overreact to a minor situation in the lobby, which almost escalated into something more. This was a nice property, but these minor things still stuck out in the end.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Michael N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2016

Hello jtwned24,

Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for any negative situations you experienced. Our staff has noted your comments & we are working hard to improve upon the areas you mentioned. Please feel to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

The staff was friendly and accommodating, the room was clean, and the breakfast was pretty good. I would not recommend booking through the Holiday Inn Express website. When we arrived, there were more rooms booked than I had reserved and for a much higher rate. Although the staff rectified the error in number of rooms, they were unable to adjust the room rate. I will not book through the Holiday Inn Express website again and would not recommend it for anyone else. Although I was happy with the stay, I was very displeased that they were unable to give me the rate I had believed I was booking at.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2016

Dear therobertablack,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, PA!

Thank you for the candid feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am glad to know that you found the upkeep of your room and the breakfast option to your liking. Also, I appreciate your positive remarks on our staff. We always strive to provide exemplary service and comfortable accommodation to our guests.

On the other hand, I'm sorry if you had inconveniences with booking your reservations online. Your comments will only make us work better together in improving our services.

Again, thank you for choosing our brand and have a good one!

Best Regards,

Dhang R.
Case Manager
IHG Service

Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

Great hotel - great location.
Warm and friendly greeting.
Early check-in into the room of my choice. Top floor, far away from elevators and ice machines.
Hotel was decorated for the holidays. And as always a complementary breakfast.
I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Hello 2001TT,

Thank you for your loyalty & staying with us at our Holiday Inn Express of Wilkes Barre. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear we were able to deliver the experience you deserve! Always a pleasure to serve you!

Reviewed November 29, 2016

We chose this particular hotel bot only because we like the brand, but we were visiting family in the area and were also going to Mohegan Sun. This seemed the perfect spot and to our delight, it was. Only a few miles from family and the casino, we were pleasantly surprised when we found that we were just minutes from shopping, dining and just about anything else we needed. Wyoming Valley Mall is literally across the way, as well as every kind of restaurant you will want.
The hotel itself was just perfect. Lovely staff, clean rooms and welcoming lobby. The breakfast, as usual, was just what we needed to get our very long day started. Fresh coffee starts you off and there was plenty of items to choose from. I personally like the little pancake machine. Makes them fresh right there. All you have to do is push a button and put your plate at the end where they slide out!
Now, to the one issue I did have...the bed. I prefer a more comfortable bed, and usually, HIE has it. This one...not so much. The pillows were great, and that made up a little bit for the bed, but it was kind of lumpy and hard. Now, this is MY opinion, and it wouldn't keep me from staying here again, so I did give an excellent rating. However, it would be a short stay (my back couldn't take a long one!).

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Hello turbotravelers!

Thank you for staying with us at our Holiday Inn Express of Wilkes Barre. Thank you for the wonderful detailed comments! We appreciate serving you for your visit to Wilkes Barre. We apologize for any discomfort you experienced. We are working to replace mattresses next year. Hope to see you again in the future.