All reviewsoffice buildingfront deskroom was cleanpancake machinecorner roomwould stay here againsized bedshort drivemini fridge and microwavewe've stayednight's sleepfree breakfastparking lotfresh fruitthe mohegan sun casinonon smoking roomshuttle service
Reviewed August 26, 2017

I absolutely love staying here. The hotel is always very clean. The bright atmosphere in the lobby area makes me feel welcome and relaxed. I cannot say enough good things about this particular Holiday Inn. It is MUCH better/cleaner/modern than the one at the airport and if I cannot get in at either Marriott or Hampton Inn up Montage, I stay here. It is one of m favorite hotels in the area. Very modern atmosphere. They renovated over the last couple years at some point and I am not sure I am feeling some of the new colors in the hallways but I always enjoy my stay here. The pool and hot tub are great as well after a long day. Always a clean, comfortable hotel, did I mention this? :)

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Michael N, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Hello,
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express of Wilkes-Barre, Pa. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be sharing your valuable feedback with our entire staff who will be working diligently to make sure your next stay is even better.

We hope to see you again soon.

Wilkes-Barre, Pa

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

After driving for 4 hours, just wanted to sleep at 9pm. Found this hotel and was very happy with my choice. Gentlemen at front desk friendly and helpful. Room was clean, but missing hairdryer. With the bad came good. At 1am toilet broken, called front desk, someone came up with key to room next door and helped me move our belongings.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express of Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your choice. We apologize for the few issues that you did experience but are glad that they were taken care of for you immediately. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you anytime that you find yourself in the Wilkes-Barre area.

Wilkes-Barre, Pa

Reviewed August 18, 2017

Came back again. Stayed there for another overnight stay and was not disappointed. As for dining..try Leggio's-Italian restaurant. Very wonderful staff and food.

Just wished they had a regular scrambled egg breakfast along with omelettes--veggie and cheese on Thursday.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Hello,
Thank you for staying with us again at the Holiday Inn Express of Wilkes-Barre. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay. We will be sure to share your suggestions regarding the breakfast selections. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights while visiting family in NE PA. Overall the hotel was fine, conveniently located to where we were going. The breakfast was good but the same every day, my daughter liked the pancake machine. The pool was good too though the temperature was either cold or too warm, and we had it to ourselves since this seemed more like a business traveler hotel. The room was tiny and the furniture was way oversized, which made it very crowded and hard to move about. The bath tub did not have a plug for kids baths so we had to improvise. I would recommend if you are staying one night or using rewards points like we did, but I'd look for something with more space for extended stays.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Michael N, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. We appreciate the time that you took out of your busy schedule to share your comments and feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We truly value your opinions and will be sharing your feedback with staff members and department heads so that we can keep working towards making your next stay with us even better. We hope to have the opportunity to serve your lodging needs anytime that you find yourself in our area.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

Reviewed July 27, 2017

Apparently Holiday Inn is now following airline protocol and overselling their rooms. After calling the hotel directly and booking a King room with sleeper sofa, reserved with a cc, we arrive to be told that we've been reassigned, because they are overbooked! So, my wife and son and I get a double queen room (they did discount the rate.) The room itself is so small that there isn't room to sit at the desk, as the desk chair is blocked by one of the beds. In fact, you can barely walk between the bed and the desk (the chair is wedged under the desk.) Had to try to reposition the desk, and it nearly fell apart in the process. Virtually no room for 3 suit cases and 3 people. Hard to imagine 4 people in this room. Only 2 towel hooks in the bathroom. No towel bars for hand towels. Yeah, I know, 1st World rich peoples problems! Nobody is shooting at me, so what have I got to complain about?!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hello,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
We are sorry that your stay was not satisfactory and that you had a frustrating experience by not getting the original room type that you reserved. I understand how frustrating that would be.
Please be assured that the hotel would not intentionally oversell your room type. With the room type that you mentioned, there are a very limited number of those rooms in the hotel. Four to be exact. Unfortunately with the limited number, there is the rare occasion that a long term guest unexpectedly extends their stay or there is a maintenance issue that prevents us from renting one of the rooms that we expected to have available. Nevertheless, this provided a frustrating experience for you and your family. We truly apologize for that and will review the furniture positioning and other things that you brought to our attention in your review. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again. Feel free to reach out to the management staff on a future stay and we will do everything within our power to make sure that the incidents that you experienced were an isolated incident.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again.

Wilkes-Barre, Pa.