All reviewsoffice buildingfront deskroom was cleanpancake machinecorner roomwould stay here againsized bedshort drivemini fridge and microwavewe've stayednight's sleepfree breakfastparking lotfresh fruitthe mohegan sun casinonon smoking roomshuttle service
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I chose this hotel for a 1-night stay with my Husband as we were going to be in the Wilkes-Barre area for a short time and the price was just right. After a 2 1/2 hour drive from NJ, we found our way to the top of the hill and checked in with the very friendly woman at the counter. Our corner room was a bit small, with a queen-sized bed, refrigerator and microwave. Some of the furniture was a bit old, torn or scratched, and the rug could use an overhaul, however, the bed was extremely comfortable and nothing could compare to the view of mountains in the distance. One issue we did have was that the toilet seat popped off, but a quick-click back together fixed the problem instantly.
In the morning, a light, complimentary breakfast is included downstairs off the lobby where TVs hung for guests to enjoy. Check out with the extremely nice gentleman behind the desk was a breeze. All in all a great selection for a place to stay.

Room Tip: Corner rooms may be a bit smaller than others.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael N, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Hello,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express of Wilkes-Barre, Pa. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take in the great view from our hotel. We will be sure to share your comments with our dedicated staff who will be working very hard to make sure that your future stays are excellent.

We hope to see you again soon.

Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

I absolutely love staying here. The hotel is always very clean. The bright atmosphere in the lobby area makes me feel welcome and relaxed. I cannot say enough good things about this particular Holiday Inn. It is MUCH better/cleaner/modern than the one at the airport and if I cannot get in at either Marriott or Hampton Inn up Montage, I stay here. It is one of m favorite hotels in the area. Very modern atmosphere. They renovated over the last couple years at some point and I am not sure I am feeling some of the new colors in the hallways but I always enjoy my stay here. The pool and hot tub are great as well after a long day. Always a clean, comfortable hotel, did I mention this? :)

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Hello,
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express of Wilkes-Barre, Pa. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be sharing your valuable feedback with our entire staff who will be working diligently to make sure your next stay is even better.

We hope to see you again soon.

Wilkes-Barre, Pa

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

After driving for 4 hours, just wanted to sleep at 9pm. Found this hotel and was very happy with my choice. Gentlemen at front desk friendly and helpful. Room was clean, but missing hairdryer. With the bad came good. At 1am toilet broken, called front desk, someone came up with key to room next door and helped me move our belongings.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express of Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your choice. We apologize for the few issues that you did experience but are glad that they were taken care of for you immediately. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you anytime that you find yourself in the Wilkes-Barre area.

Wilkes-Barre, Pa

Reviewed August 18, 2017

Came back again. Stayed there for another overnight stay and was not disappointed. As for dining..try Leggio's-Italian restaurant. Very wonderful staff and food.

Just wished they had a regular scrambled egg breakfast along with omelettes--veggie and cheese on Thursday.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Hello,
Thank you for staying with us again at the Holiday Inn Express of Wilkes-Barre. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay. We will be sure to share your suggestions regarding the breakfast selections. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights while visiting family in NE PA. Overall the hotel was fine, conveniently located to where we were going. The breakfast was good but the same every day, my daughter liked the pancake machine. The pool was good too though the temperature was either cold or too warm, and we had it to ourselves since this seemed more like a business traveler hotel. The room was tiny and the furniture was way oversized, which made it very crowded and hard to move about. The bath tub did not have a plug for kids baths so we had to improvise. I would recommend if you are staying one night or using rewards points like we did, but I'd look for something with more space for extended stays.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Michael N, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. We appreciate the time that you took out of your busy schedule to share your comments and feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We truly value your opinions and will be sharing your feedback with staff members and department heads so that we can keep working towards making your next stay with us even better. We hope to have the opportunity to serve your lodging needs anytime that you find yourself in our area.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Wilkes-Barre, Pa.