Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$123
Expedia.comUS$123
Hotels.comUS$123
PricelineUS$113
FindHotelUS$123
TravelocityUS$123
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

Book the hotel while traveling through the area on Priceline. Paid $53 so there's no complaint there. Staff was extremely welcoming and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in the morning. The room certainly had wear and tear, while the shower has seen better days. Overall the room was clean but I'm not sure if I would ever pay the hotel price. Better off booking through a third party.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank golfer7050
Reviewed December 9, 2019 via mobile

We were forced to stop for the night due to bad weather and we had plenty of hotel options available to us in the Scranton Wilkes-Barre area. We chose this because of the fair price, fitness center, hot tub and pool.

We were not disappointed with our choice. The fitness center is great for a hotel. Multiple pieces of equipment all in working order. The only downside was the lack of lighter hand weights. My husband loved that a hot tub was available in the pool area. His back was sore from all the driving.

Breakfast was plentiful and varied. A nice selection of hot and cold foods and beverages. Well stocked and delicious.

I recommend this location.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2019 via mobile

Overall, the hotel seems reasonably good, but there are little warts here and there. Our tub had a few mildew stains and gaps around the bathtub while the HVAC unit was loud enough to wake one from sleep each time it cycled on. Unlike the major trend away from small grooming bottles, no progress was evident towards eliminating their use.
On the positive side, the quality of the breakfast items was better than many, as was the friendliness of the staff

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2019

Hello ScouterPaul,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am glad that your breakfast experience went well and your interaction with the hotel staff was pleasant. I want all aspects of your stays with us to be up to standards, and I am sorry to learn that the condition of some of the in-room amenities fell short. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, and I know that the steps taken will improve your next stays with us.

See us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 22, 2019

From other reviews, I was expecting an older slightly run-down place, but all indications were that this location has been updated.
Small single-bed corner room, but for myself it was adequate. Bathroom vent/fan was always running, whistling, I put a piece of paper on it and closed the bathroom door (told management about it in the morning).
Usual HIE breakfast.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed October 11, 2019

The room, beds and bathroom were clean. Even though it was fully booked the hotel was quiet. The room was a little small but not to the point of causing any problems. Location is good with easy access to highways and mohegan.

Date of stay: October 2019