All reviews historic hotel older hotel breakfast buffet modern amenities old world charm step back in time ceiling fan home fries lots of history chain hotels old style cookie cutter community arts center downtown williamsport outdoor pool air conditioner the general manager
Reviewed April 20, 2018

We had stayed here last fall and was disappointed at the size of the room. The front desk did apologize saying that due to 3 college reunions in the area that was all they had available and that on our next stay they would make it up to us.
Well they were good to thier word. We stayed again at the end of March on a spur of the moment visit to our daughter at college. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite. Our only comment is we wish we were staying longer to enjoy it.

Complementry breakfast was awsome!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2018

This hotel was nice but the rooms were a bit small and the walls a bit thin! My husband and I were with a group of people for a wedding and they all said the same thing except for one couple who happened to get a handicapped room. We had a room near the elevator and heard every ding of the doors and every step of people getting on and off the lift. I am a bit of a lighter sleeper than my husband and was awoken by the shower above us at 5 am but he slept fine! Otherwise the room was neat and clean! The bathroom was cute but again very small! One suggestion I'd have for the bathroom would be some type of shelf in the shower for soap or shampoo! There was no real place to put that stuff other then the side of the tub. In general the staff was extremely welcoming a friendly however, the guy at the bar could use a tip in friendliness from the rest of the staff! Parking is behind the hotel make sure to buzz in so you do not have to pay for parking! Plenty of parking during the day but may end up towards the back of the lot at night. I would stay here again if I ever needed to!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Marc S, General Manager at SureStay Collection by Best Western Genetti Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Thank you for noticing our efforts to make sure our hotel is clean and that the staff was friendly and welcoming. We pride ourselves on all of those great characteristics. Thank you also for the input. I will take this to my staff so that we can continue to get even better.

Regards,
Marc Schefsky
General manager

Reviewed April 12, 2018

We travel through this area 2-3 times a year, and we try to stay at the Genetti each time. It's an historic hotel, full of character, with consistently exceptional service from every employee we encounter, most recently Tim, at the front desk. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. And we always look forward to the full buffet breakfast, which has many hot and cold options.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you, Thank you. Thank you for the kind words. It is all of these things that we work so hard to provide. I will post this review for my staff to see. It is what makes us tick here at the Genetti!!

Regards,

Marc Schefsky

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Customer service at front desk is 5 star. Cheryl really seems to treat every customer as if they are the only customer. Every room in this old hotel seems to be different. Oh and they really do have the best breakfast in town.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2018

I stayed here last weekend and found the bed very hard. I kept waking up and couldn't sleep. The amenities are nice. The breakfast was included in the price. This was also a HOT breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits with gravy, oatmeal, grits, fruit, and cold cereal. The food is buffet style on real plates and silverware. This is a huge improvement over some of the other nearby hotels that just include a continental breakfast of cold cereal on Styrofoam and plastic. The room prices are a bit high if you don't use a site like Booking, Hotels, Trivago or Trip Advisor. I stayed here again this weekend and this time I stayed in a suite. The bed was huge, and the living room/kitchenette in the adjoining room was large. Large enough to have a few visitors. The front desk staff, we found to be very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple