New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wormleysburg
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Find another hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

I booked through Choice Hotels website without checking reviews on Advisor. When will I learn??? Chose Econo Lodge because of location and thought I'd save a few dollars. "Lobby" was more like a hallway, dirty carpet which smelled slightly of urine. Stars to second floor hadn't been cleaned in a while. Hallway had a different odor than the lobby. Room didn't have an odor, but had been used for years. Very small bathroom with poor lighting. We couldn't get the show to work because we didn't pull hard enough on tub control. Chain for toilet float broke. On/Off button of TV remote didn't work.
While I was checking in another customer mentioned something about noise from train, but we didn't notice any on Saturday night.
Spend an extra $25 for a nicer hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I picked this place because it's cheap and just across the Susquehanna from Harrisburg. It's an Econolodge, so I wasn't expecting much. Overall, I would say that I got what I paid for (that is, a safe place to hang my hat for a night).
My main complaint is the noise. I stayed on the upper level and it sounds like the floor is hollow and another floor was suspended above the actual one. Consequently, every step made A LOT of noise and causes vibrations that make the place feel like it's shaking. That's even in the hallway. So, when someone walks down the hallway in the early AM hours, it has the potential of waking you up. When someone speaks in the hallway, you hear it clearly. The other guests who were here during my stay were generally quiet, but I would imagine staying here with kids around would be intolerable. Also, when your neighbor flushes the toilet, it sounds like the toilet in your own room is flushing...times 100. It's very loud. The room was dirtier than I am used to. One of my towels had a black spot, there were blonde hairs all over one of my blankets and what appeared to be a spot of cigarette ashes on the floor (I do not smoke and booked a non-smoking room). Overall, it's not all-out grubby-gross. Just worse than I'm used to, even for a budget motel. The mattress was clean and no signs of creepy crawlies. In-room frig did not work (and, yes, I checked to make sure it was turned on).
What did I like? I thought my mattress was comfortable. The bathroom itself was very clean. Free wi-fi. The person at the front desk (young Indian woman) was pleasant. A/C worked very well on a muggy summer day.
For the amount paid, if more attention could be paid to cleanliness, this could be a deal.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lemongrrl
Springfield, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

OK, the staff was pleasant enough and the $10 fee for pets was great, but this place is a dump. The room smelled. The room was dirty. The beds were uncomfortable. We had an outside door to our room but I noticed that the door to one of the stairwells was propped open by an empty beer can. The free breakfast consisted of bread (for toast if you wished) and a few muffins. If I happen to be back in the area again, I'm staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kbrock6406

Travellers are raving about these Wormleysburg hotels

Butler, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Let me start with the likes:
Shower had amazing water pressure
Quick and easy access to the city
I left my necklace there and they held it for me and were honest about it.
Dominoes delivers to your room

Dislikes:
The over all appearance, there were boards on the windows of what I believe to be the old restaurants and is in horrible condition. Did not give a safe feel
Was not greeted immediately and stood awkwardly in the tiny lobby.
There was an odor that linger in the lobby and hallways.
Stairwell dimly lit and not cared for.
The building was under construction and hallway was cluttered of supplies.
The room was absolutely gross. It was not cleaned before we arrived and the dust was thick. They bath room was tiny and not cleaned. There was a dirty wash cloth hanging in the bathroom from the previous guest. Would be difficult to have more than one person at a time... not recommended for people with children!
The room was stuffy and had a slight odor.
The bed was uncomfortable and had a smell of the room.
The bathroom was in poor condition and I understand why they were remodeling!!!
The carpet was stained.

I am a junior in college and I keep my dorm cleaner than this room. I was greatly dissatisfied. I made the reservation online and it claimed that there were only two rooms vacant.... it was a ghost town. I do however respect their honesty with my necklace. I called and the receptionist said he will but it aside until I can return to retrieve it. I don't know if many places would have done so!! I recommend you spend a little more or not be as close to the city for a better hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Youngsville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!! The smell in the hallways makes a horse barn seem fragrant (my apologies to horses everywhere) One of the stairway banister rails was completely detached from the wall. The carpets reeked of mildew, the towels were dingy and smelled. The 'continental' breakfast consisted of two glazed doughnuts, three small muffins and three pieces of VERY old white bread that were dried and hard as bricks. The juice machine contained two dispensers of cold water and one dispenser of Hawaiian Punch...MMMMMM, yummy!!
When we asked for a receipt (business trip) we got the 'stinkeye' from the desk clerk who stared at us like we were robbing them. Don't believe the pictures they've posted on the internet. This place is nothing like that. The restaurant is closed and in shambles. The breakfast area is the size of a closet with 3 tables & chairs placed around the front lobby. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank OldFarmCandles
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

The reception is a smelly area. The room is dark and musty and everything from the AC to the bathroom fan makes loud noises, the soundproofing is nonexistent, the sheets are crumpled in a new room, the breakfast is not worth feeding to a dog. Get the idea?

Why would you stay there? I did, learn from my experience and don't.

Only plus is the internet speed is 10mbps. If that helps.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank nachlass
Toronto, ON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2009

First of all, do not get deceived by its name Riverview. Second, I believe the owner & family live on site. As soon as I opened the front door, the smell from cooking ethnic foods was overwhelming. Same story in the hallway as I headed to my room, although the hallway carpet appeared to have been replaced very recently. My room was relatively clean and thankfully did not have the cooking smell, but the flat bed sheets were worn out. The toilet wouldn't flush because the chain was broken, while the shower head could only got 30% of water as the rest came out of the spout. The free continental breakfast was "thanks, but no thanks". It was ok to spend the entire stay in the room.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Trip_Review_DN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wormleysburg
2.5 km away
Radisson Hotel Harrisburg
#1 of 3 in Camp Hill
6.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!